July 12, 2011

Westminster and More HP Lovin'

After class, we all headed to the Globe Theater (theatahh) for Much Ado About Nothing. Or so we thought. Our travel agent, forgot to tell us that she didn't even book our tickets because it was sold out. So there we were, at the Globe Theater, with no tickets.

I think someone's in trouble.

It actually turned out to be GREAT because I got to see the Millennium Pedestrian Bridge. If you don't know the significance of this, watch this clip, and skip to 1:06.

Now can you see how this was so incredibly awesome? We were planning to find it later, but the Globe Theater was on the other side. As we approached, I said to Kelsey, "Oh my word. This is it! IT'S THE BRIDGE! THE BRIDGE!" Maybe a little too loud. (In case you didn't watch the clip, this bridge was the same one that was in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, towards the beginning when the Death Eaters attack)

So happy


Ultimate nerd status right here. You can make fun of me. 



                                
                                         Globe Theater

Despite the turn of events, our professors were able to get us tickets to Westminster Abbey. So, we got back on the tube and headed in that direction.

As soon as we got off the tube, there was so many things to see! The London Eye and Big Ben were right there. Kelsey and I got a little distracted taking pictures, and our group almost left us to go into Westminster Abbey. Whoops. But, we did get some great shots!





After we got our shots, we booked it to the Abbey and started our tour. It was so great to see where William and Kate were married. No pictures were allowed, but google has an awesome pic of where we were... here's the aisle that Kate walked down to say her vows.


The Abbey was so beautiful inside. We loved it.



After the Abbey, we headed to Hard Rock Cafe. It was still 4 o'clock, so we weren't ready to eat. We were so tired that we didn't even make it to a bench to relax for a minute, and instead ended up sitting on the side of the road (rail protecting us). We had a great dinner an hour later, then went to the Queen's theater to see Les Miserables.



It was amazing. I loved the show and we got to see the famous rotating stage in action. I had the opportunity to see Les Miserables in SLC, thanks to my Aunt Lori, and I have to say, I liked it a teensy bit better in SLC. The effects were a little more advanced than here. But it was still enjoyable. In both the SLC show and the London show, Eponine started off as a white child and ends up a black woman. I guess there was some reverse Michael Jackson business going on. BUT, grown Eponine had an AH-mazing voice.

The plan for tomorrow is some market shopping, then a Deathly Hallows tour (I'm starting to sound obsessive, aren't I?) with my one and only Paige. It seems we have to travel to London to continue to be friends. I'll take it.


1 comment: