July 11, 2011

Tower of London

Yesterday, we were able to sleep in (sooo nice) then go to the 1 o'clock Hyde Park Ward. It is a HUUGGEE family ward, and 80% of them are American! Our gospel doctrine teacher was an ex-actor and it showed. He was like the white, British Morgan Freeman. I loved it.

Today, after class, we all hopped on the metro to the Tower of London. I, for some reason, thought we were taking a bus, so I thought it would be fine to take my backpack with my laptop and just leave it on the bus. BUT, the professors had told us that we were taking the metro, and I knew that. I even made a note to grab my oyster card. I guess it just didn't click inside my head. SO, much to my disdain, I had to haul a 20 something pound backpack all over the tour. Boo. ANYWHO, we had a great time in the Jewel House (Keeper of the crown jewels. We saw a 253 carat diamond!) and walking around. I thought the Tower of London was a tower of some sort (I know, strange of me), but it's actually kind of a castle. Check it out:

Tower Bridge


It's no wonder they're so grumpy. They can't even see past that fluffy hat.


Tomorrow, we'll be seeing two shows! Much Ado About Nothing, and Les Miserables!



No comments:

Post a Comment