July 20, 2011

Wait, Platform 9 3/4 is NOT real??

Yesterday, it rained for the majority of the day. SURPRISE! Supposedly there's some storm circulating around the Atlantic, and it looks like it will be sticking around for a while. Dangit. For lunch, Kelsey found a great burger joint called Byrons for us to try. Holy moly. It was definitely one of the top 5 most delicious burgers I have ever eaten. No joke. Just look at the beauty:

To the parents: we are DEFINITELY going here when you come.
They pretty much gave me an entire sliced avocado (see it on the bottom) and it was pure, delicious heaven.

We left the restaurant and headed out into the pouring rain to the tube to go see King's Cross. When we got there, I asked a convenience store lady where we could find Platform 9 3/4, and the conversation went like this:

Me: "How do we get to Platform 9 and 3/4?"
Lady: "It's not real. It's only in the films. But the replica is outside over there."

Well crap, how am I going to get to Hogwarts now?

Anywho, we had so much fun taking pictures and having everyone stare and laugh at us. But we didn't care, we got some awesome pics!


                               
                                          Attempt one: Being sucked into 9 3/4 
A much better attempt- flying into 9 3/4
We left King's cross with high spirits (whose spirits wouldn't be high after jumping around a trolly laughing your head off?) and headed to the British Museum.

The museum was huge and was so cool! We got to see the Rosetta Stone! How many people can say that?




Well, my friends, I am officially off to Paris! We will be staying about a 5 minute walk from the Louvre, and we have plenty of things planned for our short 3 day trip. I'm not bringing my laptop with me, but plan on some super awesome posts when I get back!








Ok, now think of me on top of the Eiffel Tower, or eating a crepe, or strolling along in Versailles. Got the image? Now listen to this song. Perfect, right?

1 comment:

  1. Such coolness!! LOVED your photo at 9 3/4 platform!
    And the burger....!!! I am so IN!!!!!!! YUM!!!!
    Rosetta Stone!! So awesome!!!!!!
    Careful in Paris!!
    Love you, oh so much!!

    ReplyDelete