July 15, 2011

Canterbury and a Final Tribute to Harry Potter

Are you getting tired of my posts about Harry Potter yet? I hope not. If you are, don't worry, this will be the last one, at least for a while.

SO, on wednesday, after class, we headed to Portobello Market, and Camden Market. We scored some Cath Kidston look-a-like purses for 15 pounds, and we were all very pleased. That night, I met the lovely Paige for a supposed 'Deathly Hallows' tour. It was a trick. The tour was more like a history lesson and less like a Harry Potter tour. The only cool thing was the original Gingott's Bank.


The best part of the whole thing was that I got to see Paige.  We squeezed each other so tight when she came off that tube. I didn't know how much I missed her until that moment! (Same goes for Kristen and Taylor).

We left the tour early, and started getting excited for the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Paige was able to get tickets for her and her friends on the same row as us. Woo!

On Thursday, we got up bright and early and took our bus to Canterbury. We visited the Canterbury cathedral where Thomas Becket was martyred. Because of his martyrdom, Canterbury became a place of pilgrimage for Christians world wide. We had a great time walking around the small town.



We got back to our flat in time to make a quick dinner, then we headed to Wimbledon for the midnight premiere. Our tickets included a voucher to see Part One for FREE, so we were able to watch it before part two. I was fidgeting through the whole first movie. I couldn't wait to see the last film. It finished around 11:30, and we headed to the next theater for Part Two. Paige was sitting two seats apart from me, and the lovely woman next to her was willing to switch me so we could be next to each other.


looking way snazzy in our 3D glasses.
I loved the movie. I cheered and laughed, but mostly cried. The movie went too fast, and I cried when the characters I loved died and I cried because this was the end of something amazing (I am about to enter cheesy mode. Watch out).

I remember when my mom gave me Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We were in Texas, and I was probably around ten. She handed it to me one night, and said she had read through it and thought it was something I would enjoy. I got to chapter two that night and stopped, telling her that it was too slow. She persuaded me to keep reading, and before I knew it, I was captivated by the world of witches, wizards, true friendship, pumpkin juice, and the Forbidden Forest. From that time on, I was hooked.

I truly grew up with this series. I matured with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and I depended on them to always be there each time I opened the book. I had always loved reading, but this series allowed me to know and love the characters. Luna taught me to be myself. Neville taught me courage. Ron taught me to be loyal to my friends, no matter what. Hermione taught me that it's ok to be a bookworm, and to never change who you are for anyone. Dumbledore taught me that when dark times come, the light will always follow. And Harry. Harry taught me to keep fighting to the end and that love is the greatest gift you can ever posses. 

Thank you, J.K Rowling and Harry Potter, for the highlights of my childhood. 



This is quickly becoming one of my favorite DCFC songs.


1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh, baby girl! I am so so SO glad that you are in London and enjoying so much!!! So happy you were able to connect with PAIGE!!! LOVE her!
    The other two little muskateers (Taylor & Kristen) should be in that photo!!! I miss them all!
    We saw Harry Potter today! MOST excellent! Loved it as well.
    Miss YOU and love you; so grateful for the once in a lifetime experiences that you are having!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete