July 23, 2011

Bonjour, Paris!

NOTICE: You have to say Paris like this: "Pair-eee!" for this title to take full effect.

After class on Wednesday afternoon, we headed back to the flat to pack last minute things and get ready to leave for the Eurostar station. This is when we found out that Kelsey's train was at 2 and mine was at 3. Guess what time it was? 1:00. We grabbed our things and ran out to get a taxi to take us to the train station. We got there at 1:30, and Kelsey barely made it on her train. I waited for the next train with the rest of our small group.

The Eurostar travels under the English Channel, and at first I didn't know we were in the channel until my ears started popping. It was a short 2 1/2 hour ride to Paris, and I was happy to find Kelsey had made it safe. We figured out the metro that would take us to our hotel, and headed on our way. We were tired and hungry so we were glad that our hotel was only 2 stops away from the train station. We wandered around for a bit before finally finding our tucked away hotel, dropped our stuff off and headed out to meet some girls from our group at the Eiffel Tower.

My first view of the Eiffel Tower took my breath away. It was much bigger than I imagined and so so beautiful. I literally got chills as I stared at it.


We made our way down to meet some girls from our group for pictures and crepes. Delicious, people. We were all so excited, trying to grasp what was going on. We are in Paris! We are in PARIS! kept going through my mind. We took our pictures, and watched as the Eiffel Tower literally sparkled for 5 minutes. I loved it.



Sparkles!


We headed back to the hotel to get some sleep to prep for a long day. Don't worry... More is coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment