July 4, 2011

Happy 4th London!

This is our little "Happy Independence Day, America" celebration in Stonehenge.
Happy 4th of July, America! Too bad we won't be seeing any fireworks here in London. :( Or any of these:


Today we packed up at left the hostel, and made our way to London. We stopped at Stonehenge on the way and were able to walk around and take pictures. I thought it would be out in the middle of nowhere, but you drive on a 2 way road then BAM, there it is on the side. We were able to walk around and take some pictures, and everyone kept shushing us like it was some holy site. It's just one of the seven wonders of the world... sheesh it's nbd or anything.

After Stonehenge, we drove to Chawton to see where Jane Austen lived for 8 years. All the English majors were super excited about it. Kelsey and I lasted about a half hour. Here's my only pic from that:

Sweet, right? We left Chawton and had an hour drive to London. We arrived at our flats, and they are different than I expected. All 20 girls are on one floor with different rooms. Kelsey and I have our own room, some share with 3 or 4. It's a little like the dorms, and right across the street from Hyde Park.

Our room


We all went out to find the laundry facilities, and to get our 3 week Tube pass. A few of us went out to eat at an Indian restaurant. It was my first time with Indian food, and probably my last. I'm not much of a fan of burning lips and insides, but the naan was delicious.

After dinner, we went grocery shopping. We're tired of spending money on eating out (and getting ripped off by the sucky exchange rate... 1.54 people!), so we got a bunch of stuff to pack lunches and snacks. We start classes tomorrow, so that should be interesting!

I can't wait to spend 3 weeks in London! Cheers!


P.S. This is my 103rd blog post! What? How did I miss the 100th? Too bad I couldn't post anything cute or exciting... oh wait, I'm in England. That's exciting enough!


Day 27: A song you wish you could play. Hey how about some Pride and Prejudice stuff? You know, since I went to Miss Austen's house.

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT place to remember where you were on July 4, 2011!!
    AWESOME!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete