July 8, 2011

Mischief Managed

Are you ready for a long post with a lot of pictures? Because I'm sitting here waiting for my laundry to get done and I have lots of time. Ok, ready? Here we go.

After class, we booked it to Trafalgar Square. Everyone had been camping out since Monday or Tuesday, and you could smell it. There was garbage, soggy newspaper, and crap everywhere. We got a great spot up front, next to the red carpet. The people around us had been camping out, so we decided it would be best of we just said we did as well (Apparently, Tuesday night was a rough one).

Thanks google for the pic. We were off to the far right in the front.

I anchored myself to my spot. There was no way I was going to move, go to the bathroom, put my stuff down, nothing. So, for 3 1/2 hours we stood there. We got rained on a few times. Then poured on. Still we stood there, wet, cold, and with aching legs and backs. And we waited... and waited.

By the time the stars arrived, it was sunny. A blessing! Rupert Grint was the first to arrive (classy guy) and everyone started going crazy. I was immediately shoved into the girls in front of me and there were arms going in all directions with autograph books and cameras. I was on my tip toes trying to get some good pictures, not really caring about autographs (Catie got some autographs- Bonnie Wright, Tom Felton, Fleur, and a few randoms). Kelsey and I were in charge of pictures, and we were both in different places, so we were able to get different angles.



We waited for a bit after Rupert came by, then they all started showing up pretty quickly. I was probably squished and on my tip toes for the whole 3 hours! But it didn't matter. All the pain from back aches, sore legs, and tight calves went away as soon as Rupert came on the red carpet. Here's all who we saw:

Neville never looked so fine. We were like WHOA, who's mister sexy pants?

The man who plays Lucius Malfoy.

Michael Gambon. Everyone was shouting, "DUMBELDORE! DUMBELDORE!"

Pretty sure I have a new crush.


The Weasley twins, looking way fine.
Would you look at those twins?? Tall cuties!

Luna. She ran to an interview, then came back later, you'll see.
Fleur Delacour- Clémence Poésy, so beautiful and smiley.

Bill. He was so nice!

Narcissa Malfoy
                  
Bonnie Wright- aka Ginny. She smiled like this the whole time.
Jamie Campbell- aka Grindelwald. He had no problem telling the crowd that they were smelly. His exact words were, "The stench is unreal". And it's true. People camped out as much as 3 nights. No showers. Yeah, it smelled.
                           
Tonks

Tom Felton, also looking fine.

Told you she'd come back!


Hagrid

Filch

David Heymen

Professor Sprout


Ralph Fiennes- Voldemort looking way nice with a nose.

Cho Chang

                                       
                                                   Emma Watson, always beautiful and classy.


                         
                                  McGonagall
Bellatrix

Goyle, looking like a pimp

Lupin

Alan Rickman

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape
Daniel Radcliffe- Harry Potter himself


The woman of the hour!!

When J.K Rowling came out, everyone went nuts. There was this crazy girl in front of me that wanted her to sign her arm, then she would go to a tattoo parlor afterward and get it tattooed on. WHAT? When she didn't come and sign, the girl started crying. I love Harry Potter, but there's a line between love and crazy. The same girl got interviewed a few times (basically the same question, how do you feel now that it's over?) and she kept saying the weirdest things like "It's still not over for us. We have our exhibitions and conventions." "This is real for us." It was hilarious.

After Jo came, we were ready to go. We made our way to the exit, but they had blocked everything off, telling us that the 'talent' had to be safely in their cars before they let us go. So we were caged like wild animals for another 2 hours. The producers, directors, Jo, and the trio went up on stage and gave tribute to each other, the films/books, and Jo. It was amazing. They were crying and thanking everyone for the support. Jo said that Harry Potter will never be over, and we'll always be able to carry Hogwarts in our hearts. I was so happy to be there to listen to them give tribute to these films and books that I grew up with. I really don't think there will ever be anything like Harry Potter again.

Here's the speeches, I really can't do them justice.






Not my picture, but how amazing is this?

We got to see Rupert one last time.

Harry Potter has been influencing millions of people since 1997. I'm so happy I was able to be at the premiere for the very last film, the end of an era. I'm sounding really corny and nerdy, aren't I?? But man, I am one lucky kid.




Day 29: A song from your childhood: The first Spice Girls album was my very first CD. I was even Sporty Spice for Halloween. Here's Spice Up Your Life. Oh, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment