July 6, 2011

Not Me, Not Hermione, YOU

Alright, this is what you came for right? You want to know how we worked the system and got our HARRY POTTER WORLD PREMIERE RED CARPET EVENT wristbands. First, let me explain these wristbands. This gives as access to a gated area that lines the red carpet. So that means we get to see Emma, Dan, Rupert and the gang TOMORROW.

Earlier in the day, we had decided to go to Trafalgar Square after class to see if we could get wristbands. We arrived to thousands of people in line and this:


People were already camping out and the guards kept saying they weren't giving any more wristbands and not to bother getting in line. The line was SUPER long, so we decided to move on and say that we tried. 

Then, the best part of this trip happened. We had just finished dinner and were making our way to Her Majesty's Theater for Phantom of the Opera. We walked through Trafalgar Square on the way and saw them still giving out wristbands, but on the last few. We decided to hop in the short line and try and get 4. We saw them slowly running out of wristbands, and we were 3 people away when they said they didn't have any more. Our friend Katie's birthday is tomorrow, so she mentioned that to the security guards. They perked up and she was able to get a wristband! We all started negotiating with the guards, saying we had to be together to celebrate, we came all the way from the States, and we weren't allowed to separate because of our study abroad. When we told them we came from America, these girls behind us said, "We're from Uruguay!"And tried to push around us. We weren't going to have any of that. I suctioned myself to the guard, we literally begged and pleaded for 3 of the very few wristbands left. I'm talking around 5 or so. Soon, Catie had a wristband. Then, Kelsey had one on her wrist. I was the only one left. I pulled out the big guns (big smiles, batting eyes... the works) on Andy, the security guard, and before I knew it, I had a wristband.

We thanked Andy profusely for helping us out, and walked away nearly crying from excitement. I still can't believe it!!

Alright, let's get to some regular posting. Yesterday, after class, we packed lunches and ate in Hyde Park. We hopped on the tube afterward and headed to Piccadilly Circus. It was so so hot. We checked prices for shows and shopped around a bit, and then it started pouring. That was the moment we decided it was time to go home. Our feet were hurting and we needed a break!

Here are some fun pictures from that day:


Regent Street
Today, we went to Trafalgar Square (story above), then got our tickets for Phantom of the Opera. After that, we went to Buckingham Palace.


We decided to come back to the flats to change and find a place to eat before Phantom. We had already done so much walking, and my feet were killing me. I guess I'll just have to get used to it here!

Kelsey and I have mastered the Tube and crowd navigating. We can seriously snake through crowds like no body's business. This was super helpful for Phantom. After we got our wristbands, we made our way to Her Majesty's Theater and saw Phantom of the Opera. Wow. It was absolutely amazing! We loved it!!



Today was absolutely amazing. I love Harry Potter and this will be a once in a lifetime event! I can't wait!!




Day 28- A song that makes you feel guilty. Nope, not doing it. Here's St. Peter's Cathedral by Death Cab for Cutie instead.


3 comments:

  1. Yay Cydnee!!! I am soooo soooooo excited for you girls!!! Can't wait to see/read what happens tomorrow!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of the HP7 part2
    event wristbands they will be worth hundreds if you hold on to them long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, I would offer you 150 for the wristband maybe more IF IT WILL HELP YOU ON YOUR MISSION. My blessings SHAUN

    ReplyDelete