July 27, 2011

Beatlemania

We love our little Grant!



This morning, after a cute little breakfast at our B & B (that's British for Bed and Breakfast, yo), we headed to Liverpool. Let me tell you, bus time is my favorite. Especially when I get a whole row to myself. There wasn't a lot of room in front of me, so I experimented with a few different positions to get comfortable, including back against the window, leaning on the window, until finally I found the perfect position: laying on my side with my feet stacked resting on the armrest in the aisle next to me. Get the picture? It might have looked a little awkward, but it sure was a great sleeping position. 

Anywho. We made it to Liverpool, grabbed a quick lunch and headed out to the docks. Supposedly, this is where our ancestors first made the trek over to America. We sang some hymns (drawing some attention from random people), and then went over to the Beatle's Story museum. 



The Beatles museum was a museum I actually enjoyed. The audio tour was interesting, and each room was decorated so well. They even had a replica of the alley where the Beatles played numerous times a pub called the Cavern. It was really cool.

After the museum, Kelsey decided to conquer one of her fear of heights and ride the ferris wheel. It was pretty mild and a tad boring, but had a beautiful view. 






We got a quick dinner at BurritoBar, which is like Chipotle here. IT WAS HEAVEN. Not close to real mexican food, but good enough for us. After dinner, we were feeling pretty worn out, so we decided that a movie was a good choice. We ended up seeing Transformers 3.  I'm not sure if any of you know, but I am a huge Transformers fan. As in, I have an Optimus Prime blanket that I take to college with me. The movie was AMAZING! Besides the Victoria's Secret model that can run perfectly in 4 inch heels and not have her makeup ruined from dirt/sweat/autobot gunk, I loved it. 


Tomorrow, we'll be off to Preston, then to York. The journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment