July 2, 2011

Don't Blink... or You'll Miss Wales

On Thursday, we left Beaumaris and started the long drive to Cardiff. I was in awe at the beauty of Wales. We drove through a little bit of the Welsh National Park and took in the view. The only way I can describe Wales is that it is very raw. It is not as touristy as Ireland and I kept expecting to see The Shire around the corner.

We stopped in a little town called Beddgelert to break up the drive a little bit and they had the best ice cream ever. 


It was a very quaint and beautiful town. The only reason I posted this next picture is to prove that I actually change clothes every day, you just can't tell because I'm always wearing my green jacket.


We arrived in Cardiff and found out our hotel was in the business district, and we weren't near ANYTHING. We had been driving for over six hours and were going stir crazy.  We took a bus to the city center in Cardiff and had a great dinner and were able to walk around. Everyone had trouble getting back and finding the right bus route/correct stop, but a sweet old lady named Candy was our little angel and directed us safely back to our hotel. We were so sad that we were leaving the next day because we barely had time to explore the city. I definitely would go back.

The pictures above and below are from the Cardiff Castle. It was my favorite castle so far.


After Cardiff Castle, we went to a museum and then headed to the Tintern Abbey. We were driving down a twisty, tree covered road when suddenly the trees cleared and there it was. My breath caught in my chest as soon as I saw it. It was that beautiful.





We spent some time at the Abbey and then headed to Bristol. I saw the "Welcome to England" sign when we crossed the bridge, and I got so excited. We're so close to being in London! We're at a youth hostel again, but it's ok because it is in the middle of town and is 1000 times nicer than our Dublin one! Take a look:

Our own shower, YES

Four girls to a room is better than 10.

The only bad things are that there's one key to be shared between 4 girls who are all doing different things... and you need the key to get into the elevator/stairs, and it is SO HOT in the morning. We were all dying getting ready. But everything else is great. We spent the day in Bath today, and I can't wait to blog about it!!


Day 25 (the last post was supposed to be day 24): A song that makes you laugh. Here's A Postcard to Nina by Jens Lekman.

No comments:

Post a Comment