How's it going? Hear you got your first snow! Poor things. HAH! Not!!! I don't reel sorry for you, cuz I was cold for a year!!! WOO summer time is a comin' ! I may melt.
-So I am typing on the most ancient computer EVER. I think it might actually be wheezing. Hold on bessie, we got an hour to go....:-)
- I'm super jealous that BYU basketball has started. OH MY GOSH DO I LOVE MY COUGARS!!!!!
-SO WE MOVED! We now have a house! We are living about 3 blocks from our area, and the house is like a dang mansion compared to the cracker box! I don't have pics because the house is a disaster. All we have are our beds, our things, 2 chairs, a fridge, a blender, and a few random utensils. I ate breakfast on the floor this morning, thank you. But the hermanas from Villa Floresta are staying with us temporarily... Hermanas McWhorter and Marin. From Arkansas and Chile. So we're not all by ourselves. We have a BIG room, with no closet or anything so we're STILL living out of our suitcases, huge kitchen, pretty backyard, and a big bathroom. There's not a lot of hot water for the shower though... oh my Argentina. I'll miss Hermana Vawdrey, but it's nice to have some space.
- Today I saw a girl walking down the sidewalk and juggling. Quite amusing. Random, I know.
- Remember Natalia? She came to General Conference. Well, we had an activity in the stake center and she and her 3 kids WALKED 28 blocks to get there! It was various plays put on by the youth of each ward, and they LOVED it! Then Natalia came to church! She doesn't have a fecha(date) because she needs to get married. She already talked to her pareja(partner) and he didn't say anything back... ahhh! So pray for her!
- We found an amazing woman this week, Gabriela. She's a young mother who is getting MARRIED THIS THURSDAY! I almost peed my pants with excitement because NO ONE GETS MARRIED HERE! They say it's better to try it out first and live together for a few years. The worst part is that in Argentina if you're together with someone for over a year you get the same privileges as married couples. I am amazed and saddened at the hold that Satan has on people. Anyway. So we taught her the first lesson and when we explained baptism and how we don't baptize babies, she said "I knew I made a mistake after we baptized my (one year old) son". You better believe I about had to pick myself up off the floor. AMAZING! She asked us when our reuniones(meetings) were and we told her. She accepted a fecha(date) and everything. THEN GUESS WHAT HAPPENED THAT MADE ME WANT TO PUNCH SATAN IN THE FACE??!!!! She started working on SUNDAYS. Flip!!! I swear, every time we find someone golden, problems come up. We have a lesson with her tonight, so we're going to explain BIEN CLARO(real clearly) the importance of church. Pray for us. LIke right now. I have faith that she can become converted, and then change her work schedule.
And Elder Costanzi's bday was on Friday, and you better believe cookies were delivered.:-)
|I think the Elders learned their lesson!!|
- I´ve been reading in the Book of Mormon (IN SPANISH, thank you) and I just finished the part in Alma about the 2000 stripling warriors. I love this part in Chapter 56
V.44 Therefore what say ye, my sons, will ye go against them to battle? 45 And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen aso greatbcourage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites. 46 For as I had ever called them my sons (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Father, behold our God is with us, and he will anot suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus. 47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of theirbfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it."
I know that as I continue this battle here in Argentina, a battle against Satan to help others gain eternal salvation, my Savior will not let me fall. I will put my trust in Him forever. When I am a mother, I want to teach my kids in a way that keeps them on the straight and narrow path, and hopefully they will say, "We do not doubt that our mother knew it". That if we do not doubt, God will deliver us.
--Shoutouts: DAVE! Thanks for the email! Evelyn is just a DOLL!
EVERYONE ON THE EAST COAST! Please be careful. I will pray for you!!
Hey peeps. I love you all. I hope you all have a great and safe week. I love you and pray for you often. I miss you a BUNCH. But that´s ok, cuz you're all people worth missing. LOVE YOU!!!
Yes, dad I´m getting your emails, thanks!
Love ya parents!