August 29, 2011

Monday Moments: Back to School

Here we go again. This morning, my alarm clock went off bright and early and told me that summer was over. No more lazy, carefree days with friends. No more doing whatever I want, when I want. No more summer. Now, it's back to class, books, lab reports, and studying. Back to hours in lab, the testing center, and note taking.

But you know what? I'm kinda excited. I love meeting new people in class. I love learning. I love being in college. And, since I'm only here for fall semester before I head out for the mission, I'm going to make it great.

Awkward:


  • Today in class, I heard someone hooting. I turned to Kristen and said, "Is there an owl in here or something??". Well, turns out, a guy in the back had Tourette's. Yeah, I felt bad.
  • When people try to 'slyly' peek at your notes. You know, the awkward head crane, their eyes dart out to the side without turning their head, then they write down exactly what you just wrote. Just because you're spacing out doesn't mean you should copy my notes, thank you.
  • How flaming hot it is outside. I loved walking into my first class looking like I just ran a mile.
  • I'm pretty much going to be living in the Smith Field House this semester, so feel free to come visit me there.
  • We called the bishop on Friday to see if my call had been assigned (if the status says assigned, then the call will be in the mail on Wednesday). And guess what. It wasn't. Back to another week of wondering and difficulty falling asleep.
  • How many dreams I've had about my mission call. So far I've been called to Chile, Venezuela, Guatemala, and Switzerland. 

Awesome:

  • Seeing my lovely roommates again. I still say they are my roommates, even though we don't live together anymore. 
  • Mission call: T minus 9 days! (I hope)
  • I have a private room this semester. My heart is singing with joy. So much space. 
  • A crazy 30 minutes with my best friends. It included singing "Hollaback Girl" at the top of our lungs and laughing our bums off. Boy, I've got some great friends.
  • I'm a JUNIOR in college. Since when am I in college? Since when am I a junior in college? What is this world coming to?


No comments:

Post a Comment