August 15, 2011

Monday Moments



You know you missed them.

Awkward:

  • How weird it is having a phone. I've been leaving it in random places, because I forget I can actually use it. Last place I found it? The bathroom drawer. 
  • When we were driving back from the airport, it felt so weird to be driving on the right side of the road. And driving on a wide road, with lane dividers. 
  • Last night went like this: Bed at 11:30 p.m. Wake up at 2:00 a.m: Oh hey, it's two a.m., why am I still awake? Oh yeah, it's because it's 10 a.m. in Paris. Super. Stare at ceiling. Guess it's time for a benadryl. Pass out. 7:30 a.m: Wide awake. 
  • Going to a step interval class today, only to find out they already had the routine down for 2 weeks. Picture me standing in the back, staring at everyone doing kicks and turns then trying to mimic them, only to find out they moved on to the next set. When I got lost, I would just jump around and kick and maybe shake my hips a little to make it look like I knew what I was doing (still was a good workout once I got the hang of it).
  • 10 hour flight + tight hamstrings = me walking like an old lady every time I got up.

Awesome:

  • I am actually home. HOME.
  • The delicious food I had in Paris... baguette sandwiches, quiche, CREPES. You know what all this means? That's right. Gym time.
  • Let me go back to food. We had the most delicious crepes made by a woman from Columbia. We put in Nutella, banana, and cinnamon. Ever tried that combination? YOU MUST. I have never had anything more delicious on a crepe. Ever.
  • Having my parents with me during the last part of the trip. I didn't have to plan anything, pay for my own food, and I didn't have to stay in a room with 12 bunk beds. The best.
  • The most epic thunder and lightning storm that went on last night! What! Did you guys see/hear it? It was the most insane and wonderful storm I have seen this summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are home safe. I will miss reading about your trip... here's to lots more exciting adventures!

    ReplyDelete