August 14, 2011

home

                                                          MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.

This video kinda depicts what I have been doing these past few months, minus a few countries and instead of a backpack, a giant suitcase.

After living in the UK for 7 weeks, I can definitely say I am glad to be home. I loved every single minute of my study abroad (and hope to go back some day), but I missed my home terribly. I am happy to be in my own room BY MYSELF and in my own home. As we made the descent into SLC, my eyes were locked on the beautiful mountains. Man, I've missed my mountains. I got off the plane and was hit with the dry heat of a Utah summer. I couldn't help but smile. As the border control man stamped my passport, he said "Welcome home", and I almost got teary eyed. Yes, I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment