August 22, 2011

The Black Name Tag

That's right, friends. I'm going on a mission! Better believe it. I'll be sporting the black name tag for 18 whole months, and I. Can't. Wait.

What made me decide? Well, a few months back, I started thinking seriously about going on a mission. Because of past experiences, I had always kind of known in the back of my mind that I would go. I dove into the scriptures and prayed hard about it, to see if now was the right time. As soon as I asked if a mission was right for me, I got an overwhelming, head-to-toe confirmation. Yes! Get going on it! Now! So I did. I read a few books, like Eighteen Months and Preparation Precedes Power (I recommend both for any FSM... that's future sister missionary), and I also took Missionary Preparation with Brother Bott at BYU. All of that got me pumped up to serve.

As the weeks passed, I got more and more excited. Every time I thought about serving a mission, I got overwhelming feelings of happiness. If you ever saw me grinning stupidly, it's probably because I was thinking about being a missionary. In fact, remember this post? Yeah, it was written about the time I decided. I was pretty much bursting with joy.

In June, I made an appointment with my home ward bishop and told him of my plans. I got set up on the Missionary Recommendation site and got to work. I completed most of the paperwork before I left on my study abroad, and my mom did the insurance stuff and made my doctor/dentist appointments while I was gone. Two days after I got back, I had my dentist appointment. I finished the rest of the paperwork that day. On Friday, I had my missionary physical. On Sunday, I had my interviews with my stake president and my bishop. And that night, they were submitted.

It's so surreal that everything has come together so quickly. But I am ready, and oh-so excited.

Excited to be a representative of Jesus Christ.

Excited to change.

Excited to serve.

Excited to go through the temple.


Excited to be known as Sister Squire.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...baby girl! I am so proud of you! I will miss you like crazy, but I do know that this is the right thing for you to do. I love you so much and am so proud of you! You are an incredible daughter. You are an amazing sister to Brandon. But most importantly, you are a remarkable daughter of our Heavenly Father. We are ALL so proud and happy.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! You will be a wonderful missionary Cydnee, I can't wait to find out where you are going!!

    ReplyDelete