June 19, 2011

to my dad


This is my dad. Isn't he cute as a button?! Today, I gave a talk in church about my dad, and I was grateful for the opportunity to express my love and appreciation to him. Here's to a dad who:

  • Calls me at school to see if I have a break for lunch.
  • Fixes all my 'car needs'.
  • Brings me diet coke when I'm having a bad day, then sets up pedicure appointments for me and my mom.
  • Will serve anyone who needs it.
  • Blesses our family with his priesthood authority.
  • Always says, "I'm proud of you, Cydnee".
  • Still calls me 'squirt'.
  • Is my faithful blog follower.
  • Has set the standard for my future husband (mind you, it's a very high standard).
Dad on the far left.

So my dad is on the right, but I couldn't resist putting this picture on here. Look at my Aunt Lori's outfit! The best! She knew about pattern mixing before it was popular. 

                             
We were pretty much bad a. 
I might be a little biased on saying this, but I really have the best dad in the world! I love you so so much. Happy Father's Day. 



So day 15 is a song that describes me, and I honestly have no idea. So, I've changed the category (I'm so good at following rules, huh?) to a song that reminds me of my dad. Here's My Little Girl by Tim McGraw (and the extent of my country listening).



EDIT: I love this:

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, baby girl! What a wonderful post! Your dad's buttons are bursting with happiness!! You are one in a million. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squirt,
    This is Dad leaving a comment through mom's account. My favorite picture is of us with our bandanas! Thank you for doing this for me today! Your talk in church was awesome and it was a great present for me on Father's Day. Then you did this for me. Wow! You made my day perfect. Thanks again. Love you so much.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute to your dad and my Big Bro!! I second all your sweet comments about your dad...you two really are Bad A! :)

    Love you all,
    Jeni D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad really is fantastic, and I'm so glad that he can be at least part of my life, and my boys (Zander included)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - your dad IS bad a. Very bad :). You are a lucky girl - and he is a lucky dad! What a nice tribute. As the mother of boys, I shall never see such a thing for me. Never. Sigh. That's okay :)

    So - not only was I fashion forward with the pattern mixing, check out the capris with white socks. You are welcome fashion world.

    ReplyDelete