June 25, 2011

Sleeping is for Babies and Buses

Today, we packed up and left our lovely hotel to head to Blarney. There we went to the Blarney Castle, and guess what. I kissed the Blarney Stone. Supposedly it gives you the gift of gab, meaning you can BS your way out of anything.

I promise I changed clothes, even if it doesn't look like it.

Our happy study abroad group!

The whole process of kissing the stone went really fast. This cute old man greeted me and said, "How are you today, miss?" Then he instructed me to lay down, grab the bars, and lean all the way back. Before I knew it, the stone that thousands of people have put their lips on was right in front of my face. I quickly kissed it and I was up before I knew it! When we came back, Peter asked us if we had gotten syphilis from the stone, and told us horror stories of how the Irish pee on it at night. Ew. 

After Blarney, we hopped back onto the bus and drove to the Rock of Cashel. This is where Kelsey and I came up with "Sleeping is for Babies and Buses". We probably sleep about 6 hours a night and we sleep pretty much the whole time on the bus. Nap lines are the best.

Anyway. The Rock of Cashel. The Rock of Cashel was the traditional seat of the kings of Munster for several hundred years before to the Norman invasion. In the early years this building was first used as an assembly place for kings and then years after it was used by the church.

View from the top
After the Rock of Cashel, we headed to Dublin. We checked into the hostel that we will be staying in for 4 nights. Ten girls, one room. Let's just say it's going to be really interesting. 

Day 21 : A song you listen to when you're happy. Here's Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the people. Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment