June 23, 2011

Killarney

One last view of Dingle.


This morning, we woke up and had the most delicious breakfast at our B&B, made specially by the owner. We had porridge, different breads, fruit, and homemade chocolate rolls (aka chocolate in croissants). We were all raving about it afterwards, and our bus driver told us that that was NOT a traditional Irish Breakfast and he thought it was awful. He said there were no 'haffuls'... and we asked him what that was about 3 times until we finally figured it out: hot foods. Haha they say everything so weird, like 10:30 is half ten. I love it. 

Oh, a note on last night, we were trying to figure out the converters and I'm pretty sure I blew my blow dryer AND the plug. So I had to tame crazy animal hair this morning. Looks like I need to invest in an European blow dryer. 

After we left Dingle, we headed to Killarney to the Ross castle. 





We hopped on a boat and went on a tour of the lake, then came back and toured the castle. Ross Castle was built in the late 15th century by local ruling clan the O'Donoghues Mor. They lost the castle in the Irish Confederate wars.

After the castle tour, we went on a lovely little horse drawn carriage ride through the countryside. It was so so beautiful and our driver was absolutely hilarious. He wanted to marry Kelsey and Angela, because 'a bird never flew with one wing'. Towards the end of the ride it started pouring and we got so wet and cold.

We met Peter and the bus and headed over to the Muckross house. The family that occupied the Ross castle fled to this house after the castle was captured. I thought it was a much better set up than the castle.



This is for you mom. I'm trying REALLY hard to get in my pictures instead of just taking scenery pictures. I know this will make you proud!




Day 19. A song from your favorite album. Easy. He Doesn't Know Why- Fleet Foxes

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much doe putting yourself in pictures!! I LOVE it!
    I AM super proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow picture AND the jumping in the air for joy one! Love ya! I am so happy that you are there!

    ReplyDelete