June 21, 2011

Monday Moments


It's here, people.

Awkward:


  • I missed the Bachelorette tonight. BIG BOO! If there's free wifi during my 5 hour layover... you all know what I'll be doing. I heard Satan comes back in the next episode. I think some punching faces is in order.
  • Trying to pack 7 weeks worth of provisions in one suitcase. Oh, and making it weigh 50 pounds. And not having a proper scale to weigh the suitcase. So, the process went as this. 1. Weigh self  2. Get off scale 3. Get back on scale and grab suitcase 4. Cuss at scale for being temperamental and repeat steps two and three 5. Finally get accurate weight and subtract from your weight without suitcase. This is when you get really upset that you are 5 pounds overweight. Step 6 is try to consolidate and put anything possible and non liquid in your purse and backpack including: voltage converters, chargers, 24 slimfast bars, travel alarm clock, and books. 
  • The fact that my mom said Go to bed now. No blogging, and here I am, at 11:50, not in bed, and blogging. 

Awesome:

  • At 11:45 p.m. in the library, they make an announcement that the library will be closing. And if that is not enough incentive to get out of the library (come on, it's almost midnight on a Friday, I shouldn't have been in there anyway), they start blasting music to interrupt any studying you were doing. Sometimes it's tribal music and will scare the living daylights out of you after intense silence. Well, last friday, they played Montezuma by Fleet Foxes. As you know, they are my favorite. It was the absolute best. Needless to say, I took my time walking out of the library that night. The next night, we were studying late again, and this time they played Closing Time by Semisonic, starting at Closing time, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here. Awesome.
  • While waiting in line at the testing center to take a final, some guy was playing the ukulele while zig-zagging through the line. I love seeing uke people. It makes me happy. 
  • TOMORROW I AM HEADED TO IRELAND! WOO HOO!

I am so excited to get over to the UK. I really am so so blessed to have this opportunity, and I cannot wait to blog about it!




Day 16: A song that you used to like, but now hate. For me, that's anything that gets overplayed on the radio. Namely, Lady Gaga and the likes. But I don't want to post about that. Remember? I only post good music. So, I've changed the category to favorite classical piece and that would be Liebestraum No. 3 by Franz Liszt. Guaranteed I'll be falling asleep to this on the way to Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment