December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hey peeps!

Well I hope you all had a great Christmas!!  I sure did because I got to talk to the best family on earth... otherwise known as the SQUIRE FAMILY! And with my Grandpa Serna and adopted big brother, Tyler too... so yeah. My life is preeety good.

- BARBARA GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!! WAHOO!!! It was so great. She already has a friend from school who is Mormon and he was able to come to the baptism and the confirmation yesterday, and she was super happy!! We went to pick her up for church yesterday and she came out in a SKIRT! I about passed out. We didn't say anything about it because not everyone has skirts and not a lot of people have the money to buy them, and if they do, there's not any that are modest. BUT! Her MOM had one and said, "you should start going to church in a skirt." WOO! We were two happy missionaries yesterday!! We found out that Natalia really likes the Mormon church, but it's hard for her to get up and go on Sundays. Her marido, boyfriend, father of her children, whatever, is not the best person and doesn't want to get married, so there´s not much we can do about it. But we're hoping to baptize Lautaro and if we do, I KNOW that one day she will be a member!! This is one of the circumstances that I've had to patient and ´wait on the Lord´ and trust in HIS timing, and not mine. But I have faith that she will one day be baptized. 


- So I forgot to say what Christmas Eve is like here in Argentina. At midnight, they set off fireworks ALL OVER and it's like a war zone with all of these explosions (illegal fireworks for sure). Then they open presents and go around to their neighbors and eat and chat until like 5 in the morning. They also eat a lot of fruit salad. I can't tell you how many bowls I've had since Monday. We'll be going to a member's house tonight to eat some more and say, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"  Hna Gomez and I bought some bubbly and we'll be toasting to the New Year solas (**alone) tonight since Vawdrey and her comp moved. 

-  On Thursday, we were finishing up the day and it started POURING!! I didn't have my umbrella and Gomez didn't have a hood so we were like "WHATEVER!" We got soaked in a matter of 5 minutes walking home, so we ran in the rain, jumped in puddles and played on the seesaw in a park for a bit. The pic below is the after effects. Fun times!!




- On Friday, we had the end of year dinner with the two wards. It was SO FUN! There was so much food and the youth (including my converts Tatiana and Erika) danced Argentine folklore in traditional dress and it was so great!!!! I love all of the traditional music and dances of Argentina. I was talking to Elder Gravelle and we were like, "what does the U.S. have in terms of traditional dances? The line dance? cotton eyed joe? The chicken dance?" Ha ha. Sad. They played some great music and Gomez and I were having a hard time not dancing. We may have done the sprinkler a few times when no one was looking... my friends know I can't dance.... ha ha. Tatiana and Erika are doing so well and fit right in with the members. They love them so much and are just part of the big family. That makes me SO HAPPY as a missionary. There needs to be a good hand off from missionaries to members, since we're not going to be here forever, they need to have the support system. Erika is now trying to save up to go to EFY in February and I KNOW that will be a great experience for her and a testimony builder.
 
-To finish, I started reading the Book of Mormon again in Spanish. I LOVED this verse in 2 NEFI 4:34, 35 34 O Lord, I have atrusted in thee, and I will btrust in thee forever. I will not put my ctrust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his dtrust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
 35 Yea, I know that God will give aliberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I bask cnot amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the drockof my erighteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen. 
I love the psalms of nefi! 

Shoutouts: ANNA! I got your email. I LOVE YOU! And thanks for sending pics of little Evelyn. 
KELSEY MEGAN.... COOK! YOU ARE A MARRIED LADY!!! I want pictures dang it! 
To all of you who sent cards to me for Christmas......THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 
Vaughan! Good luck on the 5th! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! 
Hey, I love y´all! 
Have a Happy New Year!

Hermana Squire

Clouds on a rainy day in Bahia

No comments:

Post a Comment