December 17, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...ha ha..not really!

Hello world!!!!!!!!!!!

I want y'all to put on NSYNC ¨Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays¨ on right now and think of Hermana Vawdrey and I singing at the top of our lungs in the pension at 7 in the morning (especially for you Kris)!!!!

WELL HELLO! I hope all is well in the good old United States. I'm just walking around sweating all the time and then I see a little plastic Christmas tree and I'm like "OH YEAH!!! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME."  It really is going to be just another day of work for us... BUT I get to talk to my FAMILY!!!! WAHOOO! 

- Ok, so I'm trying to think about what happened this week. We have been practicing singing for our Christmas activity tomorrow. It's going to be half of the mission and we'll be singing 5 Christmas hymns in the plaza en Centro, and in the Hospital! They said we can´t proselyte, but little do they know that when we sing about Christ, it will be proselytizing in a way! Right?! Music can touch hearts, so I'm hoping there will be lots of people there! And I think we're even going to be on TV....so yeah. That will be fun!

-So Barbara. She's progressing really well and really wants to get baptized and do the right things but she slept in for church yesterday!! So now she can't get baptized until next Saturday! BOO! Who needs sleep anyway!!?? Ok, but we are really praying that she can realize how important church is. Maybe we'll buy her an alarm....

- We found PAULA again...!!!! We've started teaching her de nuevo  and she REALLY has a testimony of the LDM.(**Book of Mormon) We're praying she can come to church and feel that is where she needs to be. She's such a sweet woman and I KNOW she could get baptized!!

- Hna Gomez and I have been getting to know each other better this week. She's pretty straightforward and says things how they are but is also SUPER funny. She's so quick and sarcastic, so as you can see, we get along great!  She is also a hard worker and a very good teacher!! We have been working hard all week to find new investigators.!

- On Saturday, we had another missionary day with the jovenes(**youth) in the stake. We went with Mité, a cute and hardworking 15 year old. We found two new investigators with her, and all before lunch! What a miracle! We taught one girl the first lesson and after we taught the First Vision, she said ¨que lindo! genial!¨(**how wonderful and brilliant!) and I was like..." ahhhh!" She accepted a fecha bautismal, (**baptismal date) but might be moving in the next bit. 

-During this Christmas season, I hope you all remember why we celebrate this special time. I am so grateful for my Savior and all He did for me. I have grown closer to Him in these 10 short months as I have labored in His work. President Monson said this ¨There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus Christ.
Because He came to earth, we have a perfect example to follow. As we strive to become more like Him, we will have joy and happiness in our lives and peace each day of the year. It is His example which, if followed, stirs within us more kindness and love, more respect and concern for others.
Because He came, there is meaning to our mortal existence.
Because He came, we know how to reach out to those in trouble or distress, wherever they may be.
Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory. We will live again because He came.
Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life.
Because He came, we are gathered tonight to worship Him, in bonds of brotherhood and love."
- SHOUTOUTS!  MARGIE! Got your pkg this week!!! THANK YOU! 
And thank you Grandpa and Grandma Hobson for the card! Loved it!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday KRISTEN! Yes, I'm one day late and I didn't have time to draw you a hideous self portrait, but don't worry, you'll get one soon!! 
Adrienne! Thanks for the email!!! Good to hear from you!!! (FINALLY.) :-) 
Happy late birthday to Michelle in Idaho! And happy birthday to Susan and Nancy next week! 
Hey....
I love you all. 
Have a great Christmas. 

Hermana Squire

No comments:

Post a Comment