December 3, 2012

¡¡¡Estoy Muy Contenta!!!

Hey you! (yes you... ALL OF YOU!)

Hey. It's December. And it's 85 degrees outside. And I melted on the way to church yesterday!!! AT 8 o'clock in the MORNING! It was like 80 degrees!! I swear!!!! AND I'M JUST SO DANG HAPPY RIGHT NOW!  Why?  I´LL TELL YOU WHY!!

- WE ARE HAVING TWO BAPTISMS THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a woo woo!!!!!???? (Taylor) AHHH I'M SO GRATEFUL! Earlier this week, Erika was having doubts. Not doubts really, but she was embarrassed. I showed her the picture of my baptism and how you can see the fear in my face and we told her that sometimes we have to do things that make us embarrassed, but in the end, we´ll remember the beautiful feelings we had, and not the embarrassment. She was much better after that chat! They are both reading and praying and LOVING Primary and Young Women's. We taught them the Word of Wisdom and the only problem they had was drinking tea. They said that they would leave it and when we passed by yesterday, we asked how it was going. Erika said, "good, now when we make tea, I have milk instead." AHHH! We changed the baptism to Saturday so they could get confirmed the next day... and the Elders are teaching two primary kids that (if everything goes well) should get baptized the same day! FOUR BAPTISMS FOR VILLA MITRE 2! The members are super pumped now!!!!! They are visiting our investigators and everything!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!! There has been a change in the ward... they now have more animo por la obra misional! (***more courage and desire for missionary work) Transfers are this week... I HOPE I STAY!!!!! We also have a sister missionary coming home tomorrow... .hellooo!!! She will be awesome in helping us!

- Remember Natalia? Well, now we are teaching her daughter, Barbara! She's 14, came to church with us yesterday and LOVED IT, and has a fecha(**date) for the 22! WOOO! She didn't have interest before, but we always asked if she wanted to join in on the lesson and Tuesday she said, "YES!"  WOOOO!!! The Lord is really blessing us here in Villa Mitre!

- CHRISTMAS IS SOON! WHAT THE????  Mom, I'm glad you're all decorated at home. Send me pics! But I sure am glad I didn't have to haul 25 poinsettias up and down the stairs this year! Glad we got rid of the devils! :-)

- So I read the talk by President Monson from the priesthood session, I think it's called " See People As They May Become". I LOVED IT!!!!! I have never really been a person to judge. Even before the mission. I've never been one to be like "what the heck is up with that guy??". I've always thought, "bueno, I don't know what they're going through, I don't know their circumstances, who am I to judge??  That trait has only improved here in the mission. And the reason I loved that talk is because Pres. Monson shares that "people CAN change. And we have to see them as how they COULD be." There's a quote by Elder Holland " God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been, as He does about where you are, and with His help, where you are willing to go". I always try to see people here as future Relief Society Presidents, future Bishops, future missionaries. It helps me to get past the cigarrettes in their mouths, the alcohol on their breath, etc. When I start to see people that way, it helps me teach better. We have to remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God, and people CAN change. We just have to have faith that they will. 

- Ok everyone! I love you! ERIC AND ASHLEE! BRODY IS A CUTIE PATOOTIE! Congrats! 
EVERYONE:  Work hard, Pray harder!!!

Hermana Squire

Happy late birthday Uncle Todd and happy birthday Grandpa Squire on Friday!!

My turkey placemat


My Hermana Vawdrey

Mi compañera..Hermana Batista

Our tacos!

         




Our Thankful Fridge
My District....all chocolate...minus one who is 1/2 
Our Thanksgiving Lunch








No comments:

Post a Comment