December 24, 2012

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Christmas sing at Centro
Hey people,

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!! I hope you all have snow because we're having a CRAZY rainstorm right now. We got soaked walking to the cyber in a matter of 5 minutes. WOW! 


Elder HALL from Provo MTC District!

- Well it was a fun and interesting week. We had our Christmas activity on Tuesday and it was the BEST! We got to the chapel and I hear "Hermana Squire?" and I turn around AND GUESS WHO IT IS!!! ELDER HALL!!!! (Elder Hall was in my district at the MTC in Provo) I started flippin' out and bouncing on the spot because it was as good as seeing family! He's grown up in the past 8 months and it was honestly so hard not to just squeeze the heck out of him! But I didn't do it, don't worry!! It was so nice to chat and catch up. 

To start off the activity, about 50 of us went to this Catholic Care Center for people with disabilities and we sang to them. It was so wonderful! You could feel the spirit so strong because these people are so special and you can just feel their sweet spirits! 

After that, we met up with the rest of the group to sing in Centro. It was so awesome! We were on the news here in Bahia! The only bad thing is that they said that we were the "Coro Evangelista"! (Evangelical Choir) POR FAVOR! But then they changed it the next day. We had an Hermano play the violin while we were singing. Investigators and miembros were telling me that I showed up front and center in the clips. Ahhh... how embarrassing. We weren't allowed to proselyte but it was amazing how many people stopped US to say "What are you doing? Who are you guys?" So amazing. We were STILL able to do some missionary work. We got back to the church, ate, had a hilarious talent show and a fireside by Presidente. It was great. They gave us letters from home and a letter to each missionary from Presidente and Hermana. It was a very spiritual and touching day but it made me feel a little trunky!! Haha I was like "I want to be with my family!" But it's ok, I get to talk to y'all tomorrow.

- Barbara came to church! That means she's getting baptized on Saturday! WOOO! Pray that everything goes well. 

- Just some quick funny things about Hna Gomez- She is TERRIFIED of dogs. When we are walking down the street and there's a dog on her side, she switches sides with me. She won't knock on a door if there's a dog in front of it, and she's always like "IT'S GONNA BITE MEEEE." Haha, we laugh a bunch. She's one of 9 kids, and all of her family are members. She is the 4th missionary in her family and is an excellent teacher. I'm happy for this time that we have to serve together.


Hermana Gomez

- SHOUT OUTS: Hey you, Yes YOU (all of you!!)  Merry Christmas. 

I have never felt so much happiness and joy as I do as a missionary. I get to see people's LIVES change through obedience to the gospel. I get to meet wonderful people every day and grow close to them, close enough to call them family. I am SO GRATEFUL for my savior Jesus Christ. That He came to earth, and that He died so that we might live again. I am so GRATEFUL for the restored gospel. I know with every fiber of my being, every particle of my body, that THIS is the TRUE and ONLY TRUE church. If you don't know that yet, I invite you to get down on your knees and ask our Heavenly Father if it's true. We have the FULLNESS of the gospel. People often tell us that we look different, that we have a light about us. THAT, my friends, is the LIGHT of CHRIST and the LIGHT of the GOSPEL. And you can have it too. If you have lost that light, I'm inviting you to find it. It is never too late. Remember when you made covenants with our Heavenly Father that it was FOREVER. Not for a time, but FOREVER. Once you enter into the gate, there is NO TURNING BACK. You stay on that straight and  narrow and I PROMISE YOU, as a representative of Jesus Christ, that you will find indescribable happiness. I love you all and I want you all to have this happiness and pure JOY that I have. The JOY that makes me want to shout out "I LOVE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!" AND "I LOVE BEING A MORMON!!!"
Have a very MERRY Christmas and remember, I love you.

Hermana Squire


Elder Stott an alumni from LONE PEAK HIGH SCHOOL!


                                  
Hermanas in Santa hats with...ummm...Santa....



Pic four:  Elder Stott! He went to LONE PEAK HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! We had to do the "L P" together! RACHELLE & EMILY!!!!!! HE SAID 'TELL THEM HI AND TELL THEM TO WRITE ME!!!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment