December 10, 2012

DOUBLE BAUTISMOS!!!!!

Hey y'all,

Well, it's been a pretty rewarding week as far as missionary work goes. There are weeks and transfers when you reap and some when you sow, and this was definitely a reaping week. 

- TATIANA AND ERIKA GOT BAPTIZED!!! Wahoo!! I was SO HAPPY! It was so nice to see many days of hard work finally pay off. Saturday we got transfer calls and sadly Hermana Batista got called to Mar Del Plata, and I get to stay. At least she got to see the baptism! Saturday was a day of walking in the hot, hot sun. We had to walk to the terminal, then to the capilla (**chapel)  to fill up the font (a 45 minute walk) make refreshments and pack that day, so it was super crazy!! We picked up Tatiana and Erika and got them all dressed and ready. Erika was so scared but she didn't want to say anything. I was so worried! Tatiana told me, "I'm not scared anymore, the nervousness left me." But after they got out of the water they were both so happy and peaceful. I asked Tati how she felt and she said FELIZ!! It was such a great day!!!!!!!!! They both got confirmed yesterday.





- In church, Hna Batista gave her farewell testimony and cried, and I cried because I'll really miss her. She was a great companion and friend. But I'm glad the Lord isn't going to make me stay with the same companion for 4 transfers again.. because when that happens, by the 3rd transfer you're praying for patience, and by the 4th you're praying not to throw her in front of a bus. Hah. It's good that we finished the companionship as friends. ANYWAY! She came back to sit by me just crying and I had one arm around my amazing companion, and the other around Tatiana, who was all snuggled into my side. I felt a lot of love that day!

- I know I say how hot it is every week but really.....I almost died yesterday. It was 96 degrees and here the heat is SO HEAVY. It just weighs down on you and makes you tired and burns you. WOW I'm grateful that I'm only here for one summer!! And it's not even summer yet!!!! FLIP!

- So on Friday it rained and cut the power. We went home half an hour early because there were no street lamps and it's kinda dangerous for us walking in the dark. So we came back, lit candles and told scary stories in the dark with the other hermanas. SUPER FUN NIGHT.

- OK SO I HAVE A NEW COMPANION!! Her name is Hermana Gomez. She's from Buenos Aires, she's 29, and used to be a teacher!! She's great!! I think we'll get along great this transfer!! AND GET THIS! SHE´S TALLER THAN ME! And man, we sure can walk fast! I'm excited for this time to work with her and get to know her better.




- SO our house is now Hotel Bahia... all the hermanas that are leaving tomorrow are staying with us. 2 got here last night and one more got here at 2 in the morning. That was a fun call with the AP... "Hermana, I'm so sorry but we're on our way to your house right now with Hna Bingham"... "uggghhh....okay Elder we'll be ready." Haha. It's been a long night and day. We'll have a total of 5 extras staying the night.... PLUS the four of us that already live there!!!!! Hna Vawdrey got her first Latina companion!  I'm hoping we´ll all be together for Christmas!!!!

- Just really quick, I'm really grateful that the Lord is blessing us here in Villa Mitre. Sometimes He puts us through the refiners fire so that we can become better missionaries and rely on Him more. I know when we do our part, He will do His. We were talking about our Christmas activity and our ZLs asked us to think of a present we could give to our Savior. I want to give you all that same challenge,  too. What could you give up or do better for our Savior this Christmas? It's easier when you're a missionary to think of things to give up, because we have already given up so much. But it really isn't that much of a sacrifice for me. It is an honor to serve Him.

SHOUTOUTS! Tyler and Ashley, THANK YOU FOR THE EMAIL!! Love you guys!
HEY SQUIRE COUSINS! Have fun at the Santa party tonight! Love you cuties. 
VAUGHAN! I'm gonna kick your married bum when I get home! But really, I am beyond happy for you! You deserve the best and the only thing I ask is PICTURES PLEASE!!!! 
Myranda Thurman, you've got a letter on the way!! Thanks for writing!! 
HEY! Listen, I love you all!!! I hope all you BYU students survive finals (yeah... don't miss that) and that all of you have an amazing holiday season. 

Besitos de Argentina, (****little kisses from Argentina)
Hermana Squire


  Misioneros de Villa Mitre 2; Elders Cruz y Gravelle; Hermana Batista



 Registros de EnseƱanza...best thing you can see! (reports of lessons taught)


Cindi Luna, an RM from Bahia Blanca




No comments:

Post a Comment