September 15, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

Last night, I had the special privilege to go through the temple. My Stake President encourages the missionaries in our stake to go through soon after we receive our calls. I prepared with Temple Prep classes beforehand and had special interviews with my Bishop and Stake President. I had gotten my call the week before, and within one week, I was prepared to enter the temple.

I was anxious and overwhelmed, but the Spirit of the temple is undeniable. During the process, I saw three familiar faces among the temple workers. All three of them helped me along and it was so comforting to know that God was keeping watch over me that night. My family and close friends met  us in the Endowment session, and when I saw everyone there, it calmed my anxiety. Even though I don't remember every thing that was said or everything that happened, I do remember the Spirit I felt and the love that surrounded me. As I walked into the celestial room, I saw my family members and friends, who all hugged me and congratulated me on this great accomplishment.

I can't wait to return to the temple and learn more about the blessings we receive there. What a wonderful place the temple is. It truly is The House of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. It really is so amazing and we are so glad we were able to be there with you. We haven't gone as often as we should but each time gets better and I always learn more. So proud of you and the decisions you have made. We love you very much!

    ReplyDelete