September 9, 2011

Called to Serve...


Hello my lovely friends!! I know you all probably know this, but I got my mission call on Wednesday.

Want the whole story? Good, cause that's what you're getting!

As you know, last Friday, I found out that my call had been assigned. That meant five more sleepless nights.

I woke up on Wednesday and went to class, hoping, praying that my call would arrive at my house (you see, we weren't sure of the mailing situation because of Labor Day). Then, at 11 am, my mom called me, and screamed into the phone, "IT'S HERE!". I was pumped. But guess what? I wouldn't get done with class until 6:30 that night. Boo. I spent the rest of the day fidgeting, definitely not learning anything. I finally made it to my last class, and unfortunately it was my most boring one. I. Could. Not. Sit. Still. Luckily, we got out of class early, and I booked it home and waited for everyone to arrive at 7.



I am not the kind of person who paces, but man, I was pacing around that whole house. Every minute seemed like an hour. I was so nervous, and I could tell that my mom was a mess. She suggested that we go pray in my brother's room, just our family, and my adopted brothers Josh and Tyler. Tyler said a beautiful prayer that immediately put me at ease and invited the Spirit. I knew that wherever I was called, it would be perfect for me. I knew the God knew me, and that He knew where I needed to be.

Finally, everyone was there. I did not waste one second. I plopped down in my chair and announced that I would be opening it right then. There was no way that I was going to wait any longer!

Someone gave me the idea to try to cover up the mission with my hand so I wouldn't see it right when I opened it. But I kinda saw something Spanish... so it only worked a little bit.



"Dear Sister Squire,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  You are assigned to labor in the ARGENTINA BAHIA BLANCA mission."



I was so shocked and so excited. I was crying so hard, almost to the point of hysteria. I was that excited. You see, I wanted to go to South America so so bad. Everyone kept asking where I wanted to go, and I kept that desire a secret and would reply with anywhere Spanish speaking. My biggest fear was that I would be called to a visitor's center, or somewhere too close to Utah. My prayers were answered and I knew God knew the desires of my heart, and blessed me with the call to Argentina.



I had a group on facebook where my family and friends could guess where I would be serving. About 13 people guessed Argentina, but only ONE got it right on! So congratulations to Eileen Williams!!

Best friends right here. Gonna miss them SO BAD
I've got some beautiful friends!

I depart to the Provo MTC on February 1st. There, I will study the gospel and prepare to preach it in Spanish. I can't wait to go. I am so excited and so ready to be a missionary. I can't wait to share this wonderful truth with the people of Argentina.

My mission!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful place to serve, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't believe I guessed where you are going. I am so proud of you and I know you will be a wonderful missionary!!!

    ReplyDelete