November 26, 2012

What the.......


Hey goobers!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! SO, what's new??

-Ours was spent turkey-less in our house. It was weekly planning so we prepared a little lunch with the 6 Hermanas. Guess what we had???!!! TACOS WITH REAL TORTILLAS. I died!!!! WE EVEN HAD GUACAMOLE!! Not as good as yours dad, but we ate it! I was SOOOOOOO happy! So we put our two tables together, made little placemats with turkeys on them (we traced our hands) and ate like queens. I have pictures but this computer is being a real peach so maybe next week! 

-Hermanas McWorter and Marin moved to their new apartment this week so now it's just us and the Hermanas Vawdrey and Carson! We've been enjoying our time. I sure do love my Vawdrey. 

- SO it rained like a lot this week! I HATE RAIN HERE! It's just another excuse for people to say they can't listen to us. "oh chicas, but it's raining" And in my mind I'm  like "NOOOO, REALLY???"  Oh Argentines, you are a funny people. BUT, Hermana Batista and I are on fire right now. Wanna know how many other lessons we taught this week? (other than lessons with members and with menos activos) 18!!!! We teach everyone if they let us. Our DL (**District Leader) actually asked us to do a workshop in meeting tomorrow to teach everyone how we do it. Here's the thing:  Argentines can be a little prideful (ok A LOT prideful), so when you start off talking about THEM and complimenting THEM, then they open up and usually ask US what we're doing. BAM! Then we start teaching and testifying. We may not get into houses and we may not start and end with a prayer (we don't want people to think we're crazy by praying on the porch) but we teach about a 15 minute lesson with a bunch of questions about their beliefs and hopes in life, leave them with a commitment, fijar cita, (**set appointment) BAM! Lesson. 

- We've found our miracle, people. After a long time of struggling with little success, frustrated feelings, desperate prayers... we found them. Tatiana and Erica. Remember Sandra? Well, the poor thing is pretty busy with work and a little uncommitted, but her daughters Tati and Erica (11 and 13) came to church with us this week. Tatiana came last week and was assigned a talk for the primary program and we helped her to prepare it. She did GREAT! She's not even a member yet! Her sister Erica came with us to support her and LOVED young women's. She left with a huge smile on her face!! We committed them BOTH to be baptized on the 9th. They are up for it! And Sandra said it was FINE and she wanted them to keep coming to church! I DIIEEED! They are SO CUTE! I am so thankful that the Lord is blessing me. I know that He needed me to be refined during this hard time. I struggled so I could become stronger. I'm a better teacher and more committed. As Greg said in one of his letters "The harder my path, the stronger I become". I know that's true. I remember talking to Hna Hinze in the MTC and I remember saying, "I WANT my mission to be hard. I WANT to struggle so I can change. I WANT to work hard for every baptism and every miracle we see". And that desire has come true. I was sent to a hard-hearted part of Argentina, where people are a little too relaxed and a little prideful, and it hasn't been a walk in the park for me with baptisms every week. But I'm thankful that the Lord trusts me enough to be here and that I can be molded into the missionary He needs me to be through the struggles I have here. Keep praying for Tatiana and Erica. We all know Satan works really hard, but we can work harder :)

- Quote by Elder Holland about faith and the future to finish: "I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives."

- SHOUTOUTS! Happy Birthday Christina Standifird! Brendi, thank you for the cute pìcs of your kids! MY LANDS THEY ARE SO BIG AND ADORABLE! Serna kids! Thanks for the letters and drawings! Josh-  they don't celebrate Halloween here! I wish they did, that would have been fun! Tay, I got your letter a bit ago, can't remember if I said anything yet, but THANK YOU! 
LINDSEY BROWN! Congrats on your call! 
And Devon Scott, you go in THIS week to the MTC!!!!! Good luck! 
Also, Julina, I got your letter and pics! Thank you! 
Everyone! I sure do love you! I miss you a whole lot, but hey, I'm on a mission and I'm pretty happy. (Even though I smell like I'm camping with all the bug spray I use!! :) 
HEY BE GOOD YALL.

Hermana Skeeray

No comments:

Post a Comment