December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Traditions

Merry Christmas eve everyone! Before I get caught up in the festivities of tomorrow, I thought I would stop by and share a few of our Christmas Eve traditions.

During the day, we go see a movie. Today, it was Sherlock Holmes (GREAT show, I would definitely recommend it).  We eat Mexican food for dinner, and spend time with family, then we open our Christmas pajamas. Who doesn't get new pj's on Christmas?!

One special thing we do on Christmas Eve is go visit my brother's grave. We light luminaries, listen to the Polar Express (which has been a tradition since I don't know when), and sing a few Christmas songs. This has been a yearly tradition since he passed away in 2003 (well, every year except last year when we were in the Holy Land).

Happy Christmas everyone! (That always reminds me of Harry Potter 1)

White Christmas (Duet with Shania Twain) by Michael Bublé on Grooveshark

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas baby girl. My heart is full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, so tender and sweet. I love your traditions!

    ReplyDelete