December 11, 2011

Change


A few nights ago, I had a conversation with my friend about change.  We talked about previous expectations and how quickly circumstances can change those expectations. We talked about how we change because of these circumstances. Because of past experiences, good or bad, we are molded into different people than we were before.

This time last year, I was no where near where I am now. Serving a mission was in the farthest corner of my mind. Then bam, things changed. And then things changed again, and again. Before I knew it, I was thinking about serving a mission. Once I made that final decision, I noticed changes within myself. I started relying more and more on God and His plan for me, and my relationship with my Savior. I started to focus on what's more important in this life, and I've noticed that I'm a happier person because of it.

Change can be a good thing if you let it. Sometimes it really stinks, but one day, you'll look back and be grateful for the experiences that changed you and molded you into a better person.


"I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn how to let go. Things go wrong, so that you appreciate them when they're right. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, baby girl. How deeply insightful you are. Thanks for being such a great example to me. I love you and am so proud of you.
    Love ya.
    mama

    ReplyDelete