June 4, 2012

Bautismo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOLA!

¿Cómo andan? Ah I am just so happy to be a missionary right now. I flippin love it. Every. Day. Even when I'm walking bent forward, trying not to get blown away, when I'm cold, wet, tired and sore... I still love it. BAH!!
-Estoy TAN feliz porque tuvimos un BAUTISMO ayer! **(I'm so happy because we had a baptism yesterday!)** Yup! Belén quit smoking (same with Jorge) and was baptized yesterday and IT. WAS. AMAZING. She looked so pretty in white and was so nervous before. But everything went well and she is super happy now. She'll get confirmed this Sunday. Sad thing is that no one from her family came. Only Jorge and his dad. Jorge was super happy. The Elders came to Pringles on Friday so she could have her interview. She, of course, passed with flying colors. Jorge started asking Elder Christensen about MISSIONS. OH MY GOSH. How great would that be??!!! They BOTH would be amazing missionaries. I have no doubts about Belén at all. She quit smoking in a week and a half, reads her scriptures and participates in the classes so much. I LOVE HER!!! Seeing the joy on someone's face as they come out of the waters of baptism, cleansed from all their sins,  is something I will always remember. Amazing.
- My Spanish is definitely improving. I've been getting comments from the members that I'm speaking better and THAT truly is a compliment! Argentines are pretty blunt and honest, so they won't lie! I'm really working hard with my Spanish and I have truly been blessed because I am learning so quickly!
-We had another asada on Friday. OH MY. I am convinced we will be dining Argentine style en los cielos.**(in the heavens)** Only bad thing was that the man of the house was like, "don't be shy hermana, eat all you want." I DID EAT ALL I WANT. But then he kept putting more on my plate. "Don't be shy, don't you like it?" Have you ever prayed to be able to have the strength to keep eating? I almost DIED!
- We will be having a zone conference this Friday in Bahía with interviews with Presidente. This is his LAST transfer before our new president comes in! Sad, but I'm sure our new president will be amazing.
- I just found out that Dr. Mike was in the branch presidency at MTC of Hna Israelsen's branch! Small world!
- EVERYONE! GO read "Finding Joy in Life" by Elder Richard Scott. It will change your life. " When you trust in the Lord , when you are willing to let your heart and your mind be centered in His will, when you ask to be led by the spirit to do His will, you are assured of the greatest happiness along the way and the most fulfilling attainmet from this mortal experience". GO READ IT!
- SHOUTOUTS! I got so much letter love this week! THANK YOU! VENICE! I love your guts. I'll write you next week. Taylor- LOVED the graduation pics. WHERE IS DEV GOING ON HIS MISSION! I need to start sending your letters to CA now, right? KRIS- YOU ARE A DANG BABE in your engagements! I loved it and I LOVED your letter! PAIGE! I keep forgetting to congratulate you on your 1/2 marathon. YOU GO GIRL. And i loved your letter and pics. Almost wet my pants with the wrestling pic and your birthday drawings. I got another GREAT letter from the Serna crew in Virginia! I LOVE YOU ALL! Thank you for the drawings and notes!! Everyone!! Thank you for all your prayers! I feel them every day! I am so spiritually uplifted EVERYDAY thanks to your prayers. 
LOVE YOU ALL!

Hermana Squire


Hermana Cydnee Squire
Argentina Bahia Blanca Mission
1755 Chacabuco
8000 Bahia Blanca
Buenos Aires
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment