June 11, 2012

We Be Listening to Christmas Music

HOLA!

Another week has flown by. Two weeks left in this transfer, WHAT! Time is so weird on the mission, last Monday feels like 100 years ago, but then it feels like I was just in the MTC yesterday. It's blowing my mind. Seriously. How's it going? No school? BBQs? Sunshine? Short sleeves? Lucky dogs. 
-So, don't judge me.... because we're listening to Christmas music. Yes, I know it's June. But it feels like November outside. So  SORRY if I wanna bring a little CHRISTMAS CHEER into my cold little life as I sit studying in our little house in my sweats, thermals and scarf. Seriously. You summer people can't judge me right now.

 
- Speaking of cold... IT WAS FREEZING earlier this week. Wednesday was a nightmare. I think my ears almost fell off. My skirt was blowing EVERYWHERE! It was no respecter of persons. Good thing my coat covers things up, or Pringles would have gotten quite the show. But, it was cold in more ways than the weather. It seems everywhere we went, everywhere we knocked, people were very cold hearted. There was so much rejection that day. We had numerous doors slammed in our faces, we got cussed out (not that I know any Spanish cuss words....mom) and we didn't have any success. It was discouraging, but also a learning moment for me. I thought of Christ a lot that day, and how He faced rejection His whole life. While I got yelled at and had doors slammed, He was beat, spit upon and hung on a cross. I felt a lot of comfort from my Savior that day. As if He was right beside me saying "It´s all right, keep going, keep walking. You can do it". It was a disappointing day. But I'm glad for days like these. I'm glad the mission is hard. It really is one of the toughest things I've done in my life. But these tough days make the great days EXTRA great.

- We've been teaching a friend of Hermano Achigar- Amanda. She's come to church the past two weeks. She has a LOT of medical problems, depression, etc. She is really searching for the truth, but really wants to have a strong FEELING before she gets baptized. Please pray for her to receive her answer. She really is amazing. 

- Hermano Achigar is a sweet angel. Our sink was leaking so bad earlier this week and he came with a NEW PIPE and fixed it. Then he came back a few days later with a NEW MIRROR! Why did he bring a new mirror, you ask? Oh, because I broke the old one. Twice. Whoops. This man has a Bill Gates mansion waiting for him in heaven.

- We had an activity with the jóvenes on Saturday... we made EMPANADAS! So fun. WE had a great turn out of youth come... and presidente told us that this month they will be starting up SEMINARY! Woo! This is REALLY going to help get more youth in the church. I'm stoked.

- Tomorrow we'll be doing divisions. I will go with Hermana Israelsen to Bahia, and come back with a new companion for 3 days. Hermana Alvarez will be my comp until Thursday. Usually the Jr. comp goes and stays in another area, but I'm staying in Pringles! I'll be with a Latina companion (she's from El Salvador)! Running Pringles B! Oh good glory. Little nervous!

- Well, I had my first fall as a missionary. We were booking it home because we were late. I jumped up on the curb, but didn't jump high enough and landed right on my knee, my esposo (little box I carry around) went flying, folletos and papers EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did I say when it happened? "YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!". Haha, I'm probably known as the crazy American who shouts weird things in English. (Remember the pigeon story??) ANYWAY. I've got a bruise the size of Texas on my knee now. 

- Zone conference was great. This was probably the last time we would ever see Presidente and Hermana Detlefsen. It was kinda sad. But I learned so much in conference and got really pumped up to work hard. 

- I've been reading a lot about the sacrament this week. We really need to prepare ourselves to take the sacrament, mentally and spiritually. Leave all worldly thoughts behind and focus on the atonement. Focus on the past week and what we need to change and how we can do better. Repent. Resolve to be better in the week to come. Before, I always let my mind wander during the sacrament... but now, it's my sacred time with the Lord, where we talk and decide how I can be a better person and missionary. I will never take this sacred time of the sacrament for granted again!


Shoutouts: MY BEST FRIEND CORBIN IS HOME FROM HIS MISSION!!!!! Haddy, Rachelle, I know he didn't want you to touch him the first night, but you go give him the BIGGEST TIGHTEST SQUEEZE from me!!!!!!! Seriously... almost pop his head off!!!! I miss that kid SO DANG MUCH!!!!! I wanted to cry when I saw the picture of him. 
HUGO JR!!! Felicitaciones por su BAUTISMO!! Estoy TAN Feliz! AHHHH! Estoy animada tambien!! Hay una carta en camino para ustedes. 
Congratulations to ASHTON! Woo! Hope the wedding went well!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELYZABETH HIATT AND JULIE SERNA!! Grandma and Grandpa Squire: Thank you for the letter! Love you! I miss every single one of you so much. My heart aches to see you sometimes, but I'm very happy and feel at home in Argentina. Have an amazing week everyone. 

Lots of love from Argentina!
Hermana Squire

No comments:

Post a Comment