June 18, 2012

Feliz Dia De Los Padres


¿Qué pasa?

Well, here we are in the last week of transfers... this one flew by. I honestly don't know if I'll be staying or going, but I'll be happy wherever the Lord wants me. I do feel a change coming on in Pringles though... someone is gonna leave! 
-Divisions were SO GREAT! Hermana Alverez is a complete nut and I love her. She is trying to learn English and her favorite phrases are "That's creepy" "PUNCH IN THE FACE", "Girl, you are CRAZY" and she said once after a lesson, "That lady needs a punch in the face.... WITH THE SPIRIT!" We seriously laughed so much together. I learned so much from her, new ways to teach and contact, and better ways to study. She is so GREAT. We were going to leave Bahía at 12:00 Tuesday afternoon, but they cancelled our collectivo. So we worked in Bahía for the afternoon. MAN, it made me so grateful for my small town of Pringles. The city is so busy. No one wants to listen, EVERYONE has STUPID intercom doorbells, and I felt like I was going to DIE riding the bus. I was happy to get back to my quiet little Pringles.
 


- I reeeeealllllly hate how dogs determine if we knock on a door or not. We always go "here doggy..." before we enter, or we slowly aproach if there is one... if there is ANY sign of growling... we back up saying "good boy... atta dog" then quickly flee the scene. Dumb mutts. And they really are mutts.... I've never seen so many weird looking dogs in my life.
 -Belen got confirmed yesterday! She's like, "I'm so happy, just so content. I feel great!" AHHH I LOVE HER! She's stoked about seminary, she got the conference edition and has been reading one a day with Jorge, and LOVES the Liahonas! SHE IS JUST A DREAM! We are working on getting Jorge to go on a mission. He has changed so much. Whether we are bringing sheep into the fold, or helping the lost ones come back, it is the same. I love witnessing this ´mighty change of heart´ in the people I have met.
 - For Fathers day last night, we went over to Hermano Achigar and took him a cake. He really is our dad in Pringles. Always bringing us food and fixing things in our house. We are very blessed to have him in our lives. I'm lucky to have people who are like my family here. Juanita is like my cute little grandma. The other night she said that when we come visit her, "heaven is just at the tips of her fingers." I LOVE HER!!
- We contacted a lady in the street and she told us that Christ was going to come to Argentina and not to feel jealous because Argentina was the chosen country. Try not to smile during THAT one. 
- I got my hair cut for the first time in Argentina. NOT LIKE THE STATES PEOPLE! But it has been 6 months... and it was time.  It turned out ok... but when I asked for 2 fingers worth (length wise) cut off... it really meant 4 here! Good grief. 
- I read a talk in the recent conference edition: Having the Vision to Do by Elder Haleck. He talked about how he passed by the fishermen and called to them to follow Him. Christ saw their potential and what they could become, and he acted on that. And what came of it? His apostles. Christ sees the same in us and sees our potential. Once we get that vision, we need to have the FAITH and COURAGE to ACT. The acting part is the most important. GO READ IT!
- I also read in John the other day when Christ appeared to His apostles after the resurrection while they were fishing. He asked Peter if he loved Him THREE times. When Peter answered yes, Christ responded, Feed my sheep. I put myself in the story "CYDNEE, Do you love me? FEED. MY. SHEEP." Ahh I love this story. I am here in Argentina, feeding the sheep in the fold. I want to work SO HARD to prove to my Savior that I love Him and to show my gratitude for the sacrifice He made on my behalf. This mission really is the SMALLEST TEENIEST way that I can thank Him and show my love for Him.

-SHOUTOUTS! HERMANA BROWN!!! I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU GET HERE!!!!! AHHH! I'm seriously so excited. We need our mission nurse! I love you!! 
HUGO JR!! AH! Mí madre me dijo sobre su bautismo. Me dijo que era tan lindo. Nunca va a olvidar este día, le promeso. Qué gran y marvilloso paso en su vida, en serio. Y feliz cumpleaños esta semana! 
Also, happy birthday to my AUNTIE LORI this week, or should I say G. Lo. 
HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the dads out there! I'm so grateful for all the dads in my life... Uncle Ron, Uncle Todd, Uncle Scott, Tio Hector, Troy, my Grandpas, and the best dad of all, MY DAD! I seriously have the best dad. Do ya'll know he writes me a HAND WRITTEN letter EVERY week! How lucky am I to have a dad like him... service oriented, kind, loving, worthy priesthood holder, hard working, dedicated... thanks for everything dad. 
HADDY MAE. You are getting MARRIED this week!! AHHH! I'm so excited and will be thinking of you ALL DAY on Friday!! LOVE YOU!
Everyone! I love you all so much! My mom told me that this email gets sent to 60 plus people and I am just AMAZED and humbled. Amazed at how much you care for me and love me. Thank you all so much. I miss you all so much, but it's a good thing, because it means I've got people in my life who are AMAZING enough to miss so much it hurts my heart. Enjoy your week, and remember to look for the tender mercies... enjoy the little things, and recognize the hand of God in your life. When you start looking for His hand in your life, you will be astounded at how often you find it. Love ya!

Hermana Squire

First Baptism: Belen
Blas, myself, Hermana Israelsen, Belen & Jorge

My chewed up skirt by a dumb mutt; luckily it wasn't my flesh!

Fiama!! So cute!!!

What a DREAM convert Belen is!


Add caption

My sweet companions!
Hermanas Israelsen, Linco, Leguizamon

The "River" outside my pension (apartment). SO MUCH RAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment