November 16, 2011

Hard Times

I've been having a little bit of a rough time thinking about the mission and about leaving. I feel like I'm in an awkward place, a place between being here and being in Argentina preaching the gospel. It's hard for me to focus on school (even though I'm doing just fine) and hard for me to think of leaving my family and my friends for 18 months. So much will change while I'm gone, and I know that there's nothing I can do about it. I'm worried about the future, about continuing school, a career, marriage (gasp), and all that stuff. I'm worried about best friend's weddings that I won't be to, birthdays, Christmas, etc. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a planner. Before I decided to go on a mission, my life was planned thus so. But now, everything seems a little up in the air.

But I just now realized, that I am being so selfish. Do you see all that up there? It's all about me. Me, me, me. What about those lost souls in Argentina who are waiting for me to tell them about this wonderful truth? What about my Heavenly Father and His plan for me? What about changing, learning, growing, serving, and loving?

Luckily, I have a picture of my mission call on my computer:


"As you devote your time and attention to serving the Lord, leaving behind all other personal affairs, the Lord will bless you with increased knowledge and testimony of the Restoration and of the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ." ...

"The Lord will reward you for the goodness of your life. Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children."

Oh yeah. It's all going to be okay. Even if I don't know it yet, God knows it. And that's all I need. 

3 comments:

  1. ahh...sweetie bug. You are so mature, smart, kind, dependable, loyal, obedient and wise. I too have been a wee bit selfish, thinking about the 18 months that I will not have you around me, thinking about Sunday dinners without you, touching base with you EVERY day, etc. Thank you for putting everything into perspective for me as well. You definitely will experience changing, learning, growing, serving and loving. You will touch the lives of so many people. They are waiting for you. The children in Argentina will run to you. The mothers will adore you and the fathers will admire your dedication. You have so much to share. We are so proud of you and your willingness to serve. We love you, oh so much.
    Our little baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cydnee! Hey so I stumbled upon this lovely blog the other day and I am so happy I did. You sound like you are doing great and that makes me so happy! I love reading about you getting ready for your mission and everything. That all sounds so exciting and it seems like you are so ready. You will be wonderful out there. It makes me want to join you! Maybe I will.

    Love, Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. CASE FACE!! Oh my word, I just love you. A mission is the best thing I have ever decided to do, and I know that it's just going to get better. You would be a fabulous missionary as well, if you decided to go :) So happy you found my blog. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete