May 8, 2011

to my mom

mom and brandon

me and mama

happy mother's day to a mom who:
  • brings me christmas in a cup at work
  • supports me in every decision i make
  • takes care of me when i'm sick
  • taught me that education is very important
  • is a survivor
  • is the most amazing cook
  • taught me how to serve
  • is loving, kind, and generous
  • would sacrifice anything for my happiness



when i was little, my mom would tuck me in at night. she would say 'i love you', and i would ask, 'how much?', then she would answer, 'i love you to the moon and back'. mom, you have been the best mother i could ever ask for, and i am so grateful to have you in my life. happy mother's day.


I remind mothers everywhere of the sanctity of your calling. No other can adequately take your place. No responsibility is greater, no obligation more binding than that you rear in love and peace and integrity those whom you have brought into the world.  –Gordon B. Hinckley

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving



you could say this is 'our song'

4 comments:

  1. You have made this Mother's Day a memorable one.
    Thank you so much, baby girl.
    I love you. I love you to the moon and back, a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely. love your songs at the end of the posts. beautiful mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your mom.
    those pics are fantastic!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete