May 21, 2012

Milagros!! (Miracles)


HOLA QUERIDA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!

Oh my goodness, this week was GREAT! Wet, but so amazing. Miracles I tell ya, MIRACLES! Where do I even start?!

-We had 3 investigators in church yesterday. THREE! We went from 0 for the past 4 weeks to 3! Woo! So, Julieta came alone. She ALWAYS comes with Enrique. She told us that she called him that morning and he was all wishy washy about going to church and she told him that she's tired of waiting for him to change, so she's going to get baptized anyway. WHAT!!! AHHH! She asked us, "So when can we do it?" WELL, THIS SATURDAY OF COURSE!! WOOO! POR FIN! Ah, I'm so excited for her! We've been praying for this for a month! Ahhh what a miracle, no?
- We called Belén at 9:30 (when church starts) and she had been crying. Her uncle had passed away that morning (good timing on phone call, right?). We told her that if she felt up to it, she could come late. SHE CAME! She came in just after sacrament with puffy, red eyes and with Jorge. OH MY GOSH. She participated so much in the class for the jovenes (youth) and stayed the WHOLE TIME. Oh my gosh. I LOVE HER! We only have diezmo y ofrendas (tithes & offerings) left to teach her. We taught Word of Wisdom and Chastity with her WHOLE DANG FAMILY there. Awkward. But she´s working on quitting smoking. She is truly the golden investigator.
- How we found Belén is totally the Lord´s doing. We met Analia after fasting, then met her brother Filipe. We visited with Filipe and his señora, Yanina (they aren't progressing) and then we were knocking at their house one day and Jorge was there (menos activo and novio *boyfriend* of Belén). We visited Jorge at his house and that's where we met Belén. Belén is Yanina´s SISTER! What in the world...??? all this work and family connections and we find Belén. Our little gem of an investigator. I hope that made sense.
- Rosio (little CUTIE PIE in the picture) came with her family too! La familia Varela is menos activo, but are working with them. They are the greatest and I LOVE THEM. Gabby is working on quitting drinking so he can baptize his daughter. Rosio is SERIOUSLY the cutest girl you will ever meet. I want to squeeze her all the time.
- Lesson learned this week: Check boots for spiders before you put them on, or you might find one smashed against your tights that night.
- We had just finished teaching an investigator about the resurrection and how we would have perfected bodies. She told us she was happy for that because she had a ´problem´ that none of her siblings had. Then what happened, you ask? SHE HAD A SEIZURE, right then! Oh my word! Hna Israelsen was freaking out, and I don't know why, but I was just so calm. I just helped her stabilize and it passed. Freaky, but what timing, right? Vomit and seizures... what´s next?
- It rained SO HARD on Wednesday. We seriously had a river on our street. A RIVER. It probably would have been easier to canoe to our lessons.This is when we found out our roof leaks. Luckily Hermana Israelsen and I came back to grab something and saw it was leaking so we were able to put pots and pans out everywhere. Oh, the mission.
Shoutouts: HADDY MAE. Happy dang birthday. Hope it was great. Thought about you tons yesterday. And... soggy waffle... hope you got that. AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR HONORARY BRIDESMAID!! Aw, you're gonna make me cry. YOUR DRESS IS THE DANG CUTEST! SO YOU. Bah, I love you. Paige- The Abundant Life- Elder Wirthlin. Read and Report. I love you dear. KELSEY FARR! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY!!! 21 you old lady. TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS!  We just got a  brand new rule sheet from the zone leaders! We can't open emails from friends!! Aunts, uncles, cousins (cousin´s wives), brother and sister in-law and nephew (Tyler and Ashley), and grandparents are ok... but the rest of you,  :-( So sad! Dearelders for you! They take longer, I know, but if you have something EXCITING to say like you're getting married! You're having a baby! etc., shoot an email to my mama (jssquire@msn.com) and she'll inform me. I'm so sorry, but I have to be obedient!! So dearelder.com, o.k.?

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Bah, being a missionary is the best. It makes you so dang happy. It's really so true, when you are serving others with your whole self, it makes you so happy. I hope all of you have felt or will feel this happiness.

BESOS!
Hermana Squire (Hermana SQUARE... it's a new one. People are like, OH! Like the shape in English, right? Sure. Close enough)

Pic 1: The flood in front of our house
Pic 2: Rosio. Our 9 year old investigator. Her dad (menos activo) is the bald man in the back. I LOVE ROSIO! Isn´t she the most adorable girl?!

***NO PICTURES CAME. Bummer! (this is Janie)

No comments:

Post a Comment