May 7, 2012

Pioner Children Sang as they walked, and walked, and walked


-Ok this title explains my week. It seems like we walked SO MUCH. I have a pedometer and the record is 13 miles... so yes, I feel like a pioneer. Saturdays are the big walking days. We go find all our investigators and try and get them pumped and ready for church. This week, we visited AND called people. 10 people said they were coming to church. Guess how many came? 0. I was sitting in sacrament thinking, you've got to be joking me. JUST COME TO CHURCH PEOPLE!  Bahh, so frustrating. I don´t know what else we can do to get people to church.
- Analia... oh man. This woman has got some major issues. She feels like every time she starts doing the right thing, major trials come into her life. The last time she almost got baptized, they were homeless and they almost took her children away. So sad. We prayed with her and she offered the most sincere, heart felt prayer. We had been wondering why we hadn't met her pareja and why she never really talked about him. WE NOW KNOW WHY!. We passed by last night and he answered the door... UM!!! He can't be a day over 18 years old. AH!!! SHE´S LIKE 38!!! WHAT IS SHE THINKING! No wonder she wants his parents permission, he's a BABY! So we don't know what we´re going to do. She hasn't been coming to church, so if she doesn't keep her commitments, we're going to have to drop her. So sad.
- We taught Hnas Legizamon and Linco to say ´nose goes´. They think it is the funniest thing ever.
- Pringles can't decide if it wants to be winter or not. It was SO WARM this week! So nice! More people are outside!
- We had another asada at Hno Achigar's. Lamb again... I wasn't a fan before, but man, these Argentines KNOW how to do it. So dang good. Did I mention Hno Achigar owns a BAR?! Haha the funniest thing ever. He also bought us a sacarropas- a thing that spins all the water out of our clothes. It doesn't dry them completely, but it does the job!! I never thought I would almost cry over a home appliance. SO AMAZING! We were so worried about what we were going to do in the winter with our clothes drying. This man is seriously the best.
- We had a noche de hogar (FHE) with a menos activo, Maria José. We did cookies of the restoration, using Sister Hobson's recipe! The brown sugar is different here, so they came out brown, but they were a hit! I love Maria José!
- We are also working with the Famila Varela, another menos activo family. They are going through a hard time with no work. We stopped by and shared a quick message and they expressed their desires about coming back to church. THEY CAME YESTERDAY! The best thing ever! Ahh. I've been think about what makes people go inactive. I read a talk by Elder Samuelsen (CECIL!!) about Testimony. The small and simple things like reading scriptures, praying, going to church are crucial. Satan will make you think that you don't have to pray one night, then the next, then you skip a Sunday... it's a gradual and vicious cycle. DO THE SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS! I´m begging you all, if you don't, your testimony will be in jeopardy. Another great point is that we need to trust in the things we believe in or know to sustain us in times of uncertainty or with issues where we struggle. Don't lose faith in what you do know because of what you don't know. Love that quote.
-Shoutouts: ASHTON CRAIG- I missed your bday. Sorry. Hope it was great! Hermano Larsen! Thank you so much for the package!! That was very kind of you, and I really appreciate it! Loved it! Greg Dunn: I read your letter you wrote me and I cried. Thank you so much. It was exactly what I needed at the time and I really, really appreciate it. You're the best. Also, I'm in gaucho land...(South American farmers- knee high boots, khakis, ascots, button ups and berets. THE BEST EVER) To everyone that wrote me a letter for my little book: THANK YOU! The one's I´ve read so far have been such a boost and such a support for me. I have the best family and friends in the world. VENICE! Letter on the way to you! You have some explaining to do, missy. IS JUSTIN STUCKI HOME??! If he is, RaRa, HaHa, give him a squid sized squeeze for me. TO ALL THE MOMS IN MY LIFE (Adrienne, Natalie Grant, Nancy Shriever, Aunt Lori, Grandma Squire, Grandma Hobson, Tia Alice, Soila, Aunt Jeni, Aunt Anne, Michelle Young, Adriana, Susan... and my mama,
the best lady around :-) HAPPY MOTHER´S DAY! I LOVE YOU ALL! Happy Mother's Day to ALL the mom's out there. I love you, and thank you for your example.
-This work is the Lord's work. I am so proud to wear His name on my chest every day. I am so happy to be trusted as His messenger. These people need this gospel. There is so much heartache that can be avoided if you follow the principles of the gospel. I love loving these people. I love when I can feel the love God has for them. The mission has already blessed my life so much!
I love you all as much as Argentine's love their mate! Besos!

Hermana Squire
cydnee.squire@myldsmail.net

PADRES! (answers to questions)
No guacamole... I haven't seen any avocados actually. But the food is SO DELISH. Wow! What we had at that house was NOT Argentine. We travel to Bahia via convi (15 seater van thing) or collectivo (bus with cushiony reclined seats) pretty nice. GOT MY PACKAGE! Both, actually. I'm such a baby. I cried when I opened it. You are seriously the best parents ever. Also, I CAN'T CHEW GUM! Haha I keep forgetting to tell you. I chew that in the morning.  Ok so what we don´t have in Argentina that you can still send: American candy. Kids LOVED it when I passed out tootsie rolls. If you can send mini stuff every once in a while that would be great. I miss my mama's cookin. Especially your bread. I almost cried thinking of the two loaves I had to leave behind at the MTC.
LOVE YOU! CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment