March 4, 2013

Where Did Summer Go?

Hey goobers,

Listen, I hope you aren't offended by the name "goober". It's really a term of endearment because you aren't just any goobers... you're MY goobers. And I love ya. The end.

- SOOO we hit a cold front here in Mar Del Plata... We hit autumn super fast, and now I'm sleeping with 2 blankets. I'm scared for winter. I just keep flashing back to sleeping with thermals under my PJs, wearing like 3 layers of clothes, sleeping with six blankets, and how cold it is when the sun goes down. Eeek. And it's gonna be worse since I'm by the ocean.

- SO! Suni has a calling! She is now secretary in the YW presidency! How exciting! She was really happy about it! I'm sure that Emanuel will get a calling here soon.
 
- Mariana... well, she's not doing super great. Good thing is, she quit smoking! She hasn't smoked in a week! Keep praying for her to resist the temptation. So, she has her good days and her bad days, and when it's a bad day, she's in a lot of pain, and her legs are weak. We are thinking of talking to the bishop about baptizing her when she feels good. Like, call her everyday and when she can walk and isn't in so much pain, we fill up the font and do it. The poor thing is in such pain.

- So the new hermana is here! I'm a grandma! Her name is Hermana Godoy and she's from Corrientes, Argentina. And she's 19! She's great! 

Our good bye celebration for Elder Proctor. Hermana Godoy is next to me.

Right now there are 4 of us in Puerto. But we're doing something new. We are working as a team. That way there is less competition between the hermanas and less between the members as well. We share the investigators and share the baptism. But it really isn't OUR baptism. It's God´s! So, we can cover a lot more ground and find a lot more people when we work as a team. It requires more humility and more charity, but hey, we're all trying to develop Christlike attributes!

- Shoutouts: Tio Hector, thank you for the email! Also, thank you to Susan! Love you both. TAHNEE!! You're getting married! Congratulations! I'm super happy for you! HAPPY birthday to Paige this week! Hope it's great. 
Hope you all have a great week!

H. Squire
Cold front hit Mar del Plata... and the more that time goes on in the mission, the less important my hair and clothes become. plus, there are a lot of gross men here, like I wanna give THEM anything to look at, psh. Dig the fake glasses??




No comments:

Post a Comment