March 11, 2013

I'm Turning Into An Old Lady....


Hey y'all,
 
How are things? Well, the mission is turning me into an old lady. My legs hurt, my back hurts, I'm tired all of the time.... whew! At least I know I'm wearing myself out in the work of the Lord, there's no better way.... I don't think :)  More on that in a second.

-SO! Emanuel got a calling to serve in the YM presidency as a counselor! And he got ordained a PRIEST! I'm super happy about that! They are seriously the best family ever. We have a noche de hogar (FHE) with them tonight and I'm super excited about it. Suni looked so cute yesterday with her YW binder!

- Funny thing, we went to centro today to take pics and look around. I was getting a lot of "adios", "hola chica" 's today... more than usual and from old men. (aka hombres verdes, or hombres cochinos (disgusting)) I was pretty disgusted, like always (I usually go "BLEH!"  loud enough for them to hear me so that they know I am NOT pleased. I would LIKE to do more but I'm a missionary and I can't go telling men off in the streets. Quiet dignity :-).. then one old man said, "adios" and I gave him a look and he said "oh! I'm sorry! You look like the girl who dances tango on broadway right now! I'm sorry!" And then I just peed my pants laughing!  It was so funny.

- So, about my old ladiness. WOW! Can I just say I'm very tired! I'm in the final stretch of the mission marathon, and I feel like I'm at the point where I'm at a slow jog, and people are fast walking faster than I'm jogging. I feel like stopping off to the side to take a nap in the grass, but I can't! 
It reminds me of the time that Dad and I hiked Timpanogos together. I had eaten CEREAL for breakfast (rookie mistake... I should have eaten more carbs and protein for more energy and brought more food with me) and I was dying close to the finish. But, my dad put his hand on my backpack and pushed me up the mountain while shoving trail mix in my hands (to this day, I still loath trail mix because of this experience). I sorta made that analogy that while I'm in the "slow jog", saying, "I don't know if I have the strength to finish. I'm tired. I need to rest."  That the Savior has his hand on my back, passing me Gatorade and that freaky gel stuff, pushing me to the finish line, saying, "Cyd, you can do this. Find my lambs. Feed my sheep. I will help you. I will give you energy when you need it. But you have to keep your legs moving." So that's where I am right now. It would be a lie to say that I never got tired in my mission and that you future missionaries won't get tired. There will be days when all you want to do is sleep, where your brain is foggy and your body just hurts, but just remember that the Savior is there with you, helping you along the way, all you have to do is keep your body moving and keep knocking those doors.

Shoutouts: PAIGE, sorry I got confused, happy bday THIS WEEK! 
And Sam Davis, I hope you had a fantastic birthday this past week. 
JAKE! Congrats on going through the temple, I wish I could have been there with you. 

I love you all and have a great week!!
 
H. S.
(Hermana Squire)

Pic uno:  In front of a giant lobo marino..sea lion. They are pretty famous here in Mar de Plata.
Pic dos:  Touching the sand on the beach. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment