March 18, 2013

Hello World!


Hello world!

Wow, I'm sitting here staring at the screen trying to think about what I can write. I think about all of the stuff that happens during the week then I get to the cyber and my mind is like....... blank. 



Juan Enrique


- We found a new investigator last week... his name is Juan Enrique and he's 80 years old! We found him knocking doors. He loves politics and says that we're the only friends that he has. We went to go get him for chuch on Sunday morning and he came out in pants, a button up shirt and clean shoes. He's got problems with his knees so he does the "grampa shuffle" when he walks. We walked all the way to church, up and down giant hills! I almost had a heart attack going down the hill because he started running! I was like "Whoa tiger! Take it easy!"  I grabbed onto his arm so that he could walk easier. He joked and said, "I just wanna get to church faster!"  But he enjoyed all the meetings and told me "So I should read the Book of Mormon, every day, right? If not, I´ll never learn!" It was so adorable. 

-Mariana is still in the hospital, but is planning on leaving this week, WE HOPE. We are going to try and baptize her before the transfer ends this Saturday. Basically, the ward is waiting till she leaves, so that we can baptize her when she has a good day. It's going to be a different type of baptism. When she has a good day, we'll fill up the font, we have members on reserve to come help, and a few members who are nurses that are going to help her change. There might be more than one member in the water with her to help her in and out. I´'m so anxious for this baptism! She needs this saving ordinance and needs it now! Please pray for her!

-This week there was an activity in the Stake Center to celebrate the foundation of the Relief Society. We normally don't go to these things, but our ward mission leader asks us to go to activities to support the ward and create more trust between us and the members. It was absolutely amazing! They had a skit that portrayed the organization of the RS with Joseph Smith, Emma and all the early members of the RS. That's where the pioneer pictures come in. I am so grateful for the Relief Society! Our role as women in the church is so important, and through RS we can learn how we can serve better in the community and the church. 

Con Graciela at Relief Society Celebration
















- I'm so happy to be a missionary! And I'm so happy that we have more missionaries to knock more doors and talk to more people! Especially SISTER missionaries! How wonderful is this work!?! I love it!

Con mi compaƱera, Hermana Mansilla de Argentina :-)



Shoutouts: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAU!!! Flip, I can't believe you're 15. I swear I just watched you get baptized yesterday. Have a good day, kid! 
Happy Birthday this week to Emily Gray! Woo! 3 Years old!! 
And happy birthday to Ruby De La Garza!
Love you all!!
Anna! Thank you for the email! I love you and miss you!! 

Mom and Dad, glad you had lots of opportunities to serve this week! Humanitarian work and the MTC! My parents are rockstars. 
Everyone. I hope you have a fantastic week.
I love you all very very much.

H. Squire

Grandpa Serna:
le quiero mucho y no puedo esperar hasta que podamos hablar en espaƱol juntos! Cuidarse mucho!


Hermana Batista y Mansilla



No comments:

Post a Comment