October 8, 2012

HELLLLLOOOOOOO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLLLOOOO PEOPLE OF THE WORLD!!!

UM OK DID EVERYONE JUST LOVE CONFERENCE AS MUCH AS I DID??!!! I love missionary superbowl!!! Ok, before I talk about conference, I need to cover some other bases that happened earlier in the semana. (**week)

- We had lunch with the Elders early this week and the member lied and said there was a woman at the house and there WASN'T. Aka, we (sisters) couldn't be there! E. Gravelle was freaking out. He was like Que haría Nefi??? (What would Nephi do?) and Elder Cruz was like Matalo. (Kill him). We all died laughing. Everything turned out just fine... we just all ate outside. Hilarious. 

- So I must say I've been seeing some miracles working in Villa Mitre 2 with Hermana Batista. She's a great missionary! Really great! She is SO VERY SENSITIVE to the Spirit. We'll leave a house and she'll be like "wow, did you feel that special feeling in that house?" And I'm like... "ummmm sure".... then I'm like "DANG IT!! Why am I not that sensitive to the Spirit?"  There is ALWAYS something I can work on. 

- On Wednesday we went to see Paula. This woman is so great. She already knows that the LDM (**Book of Mormon) is true. I'm sure she's just afraid to leave her church. We asked if she needed anything, and she said "ummm yeah, but I´m just going to ask my kids." And I just said "Hermana, we are here to SERVE you. Tell us what you need." And it turns out the woman had no food. If someone in worse condition asks HER for food, she gives what she has. She is a pure Mormon already. So we went off the the grocery store and bought her some food. As we trudged down the muddy hill (it was raining) my heart was full to the brim. I LOVE when people let us serve them. It doesn't happen very often but to see the look on her face as we pulled out bread, crackers, fideo, rice and everything, her eyes full of gratitude, my heart was truly full. Paula also read 16 chapters of the LDM!! AHHHHH. She's so ready. PRAY HARD FOR HER! She leaves for TWO MONTHS on the 21st. PRAY WE CAN GET HER IN THE WATER BEFORE THEN!!! She already has 2 asistencias.(attendances to church) One more!

- OK TIME FOR MY CONFERENCE SPEEL. First off, we had THREE investigators that came to the sessions. WOOOOOO!!! We had Natalia and her son there and at first we didn't think they could come because we passed by for the morning session and her mom had gotten there and she said "well I can go at 5 and we're like "BUENO, we´ll come back to get you!" So we did! She came with her 9 year old son who is a future investigator and her little 10 month old. They talked about families that session and she loved it! She needs to get married, but for now, we can start teaching her son. Then we had Luis, who came with Ines. He looked really content and happy to be there. Then we had Joel. A reference from the ZLs and he already had 2 asistencias to the church. Now 3. Totally BAPTIZABLE! We went to pick him up and he was in a cute corduroy suit! He's 50 years old, MARRIED, and SO SWEET! He is SO addicted to smoking, but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! We know we can get him baptized this month! Pray for him! We are hoping to have a lesson with him and Presidente and La Hermana. 2 misioneras and THE POWERHOUSE OF THE PRESIDENT! So nice that we can do that... since they are soo close to us! It was such a miracle to have THREE investigators come to conference. I thanked my Heavenly Father for the miracles that we have been able to see here in Villa Mitre. I am very, very happy. 

- Ok so the cable wasn't working for the English missionaries, but luckily we had the office with computers so it was me, and yup, you guessed it, NINE Elders crammed by one computer watching conference. Me and all the Elders. Yup. 

-HOW BOUT THAT MISSION AGE!!!!! I was stoked! I know that I was supposed to come at 21, but HOW GREAT FOR YOU FUTURE SISTERS! MEGAN, Jake, Gavin and Hunter!!! ARE YOU SO STOKED?!!!!  Such history! And now my grandkids will by like, "yeah, my grandma was one of the last sisters to leave at 21 on her mission..."  I have no doubt we will get a stronger Army of missionaries with MORE SISTERS!!! WOO! 

- Ok SO I LOVED CONFERENCE. LOVED IT. Is it just me or does it get BETTER EVERY YEAR! I loved how President Monson asked us to take an inventory on the blessings that we have in our lives, big and small. I AM SO VERY BLESSED!! SERIOUSLY!!! Did everyone notice the theme was mentioned about 2 times that we must DO and BECOME??? LOVE THAT! I also Loved Pres. Eyring's talk, how God will NEVER hide from us. We put up spiritual pavilions that hide us from Him. I testify that He NEVER stops caring, WE are the ones that have to reach out to HIM first. He will never take away that agency. I love Pres. Eyring. My favorite, of course was Elder Holland´s. I listened to the Feed my SHeep talk in the MTC and I was SO HAPPY TO HEAR IT AGAIN. All of us missionaries in the office were like... whoa. afterwards. HE´S SO POWERFUL. Everytime I don´t want to get out of bed, or I would rather throw the covers over my head and not go out to work because sometimes it's just really hard, the thought has always crossed my mind, a little, silent "Cydnee. Do you love me?" But now it's going to be Elder Holland's voice, "CYDNEE. DO. YOU. LOVE. ME?" Yes, Lord, I love thee. And I will get out of my bed and onto my knees and pray for the strength I need to take on the day." I LOVED that talk. Can't wait to listen to it again. I hope you all thought of me when you stood and sang "Called to Serve." I stood there in the office with 9 Elders, singing that song and thinking of y'all singing with me. Remember you don't have to wear a plaque to be a missionary.

SHOUTOUTS!!! Leah dear! I'm so sorry I forgot to say happy birthday! I hope that it was great! I miss you cutie pie! Happy birthday this week to REBECCA SERNA!!! And to Tía Jeni! And to Taci Fernuik! Hope you all have great days. Tay! I got your HP dear elder and I DIIEEEED! HP for life! Kris and Paige, I quite enjoyed your self portraits of me. Way to keep the roomie tradish going. HIATTS! Thanks for the JAM!! When I opened it, Hnas Vawdrey and Carsen were like IS THAT REAL JAM???  It's heaven!!! I splurged on sliced bread (um 18 pesos THANK YOU) and enjoyed myself a PB&J on my Bday. BEST MEAL EVER!!! Zander, thank you for the message! Send some pics of the kids through email! 


Hermana Squire
 pic 1: Vawdrey and Carsen saying THANKS DENNIS FOR THE BIRTHDAY LUNCH!!
pic 2: Me with Linco, Leguizamon, and Alvarez, Pixton and Israelsen in the background at zone conf..
pic 3. Vawdrey made me a bday cake!!!
pic 4. Zone conference






No comments:

Post a Comment