October 15, 2012

Might Be Turning A Little Argentine!


HELLO ALL YOU GOOD LOOKIN PEOPLE!!

How are  ya?? How's your October going??  Ok, so about the title of the email... I might be turning into an Argentine... I´m foot tapping to a song here in the cyber and I love it. It´s called Colgando En Tus Manos. Go look it up! Hey!! I can't do much about the songs blasting in the cyber!! So I´ll just happily foot tap through this internet "sesh", then go listen to some MoTab. Shoot, AUNT LORI, they're playing MUSE!! Satan, why must you tempt me so???

-Ok, this week we had divisions. I went to Dorrego with Hermana Ermácora, and poor Hermana Batista had to navigate her way through our area with Hermana Gaspar. Hermana Ermácora is a hoot and a half. I had such a fun time! But silly me, I thought that Spring means warm, but NO, I froze! I had to borrow sweaters from her. That house is a dang freezer. ANyway. Hna Ermácora. She´s 22 and from Rosario, a small town called Venado Tuerto (Dave?? do you know it?) which means "one eyed reindeer" in Spanish. HAH!!!!!!! Her favorite movie is Nacho Libre!!!!  She's an art student, and loves ACDC. So as you can see, we got along pretty well. We laughed a lot and worked our buns off. Dorrego reminded me of Pringles, just a little bit nicer. It was such a good experience. I hope I have the opportunity to serve with her again someday. 

- So the mosquitos are ridiculous here. I SWEAR THEY KNOW WHERE I AM! We were waiting for the bus last night and I was getting about 2 bites per minute. So I was standing there in this awkward downhill skier squat position so I could see my legs in the light, my eyes darting around to every part of my body and when one would land WAHPUH! Smack em dead!!! Then the bus came, sweet relief, right? WRONG! THEY WERE ON THE BUS! And I watched them. They would fly around the natives, then sniff me out with their freakish gringa blood seeking noses and they would FLY RIGHT AT ME! I was ticked!! Might die this summer.!! It´s getting warmer, I think it was like 80 degrees yesterday.... people are saying it gets to be about 105 WITH HUMIDITY here. I might melt!!

- Now they're playing MGMT... FOCUS CYDNEE!!! 

- Joel is doing great. He is totally baptizable. We just need to finish teaching him and help him to quit smoking and IN THE WATER HE GOES! He seriously is so great. 

- While I was on divisions, Hna Batista told me that Paula left. She will be gone for 2 months plus. I was heartbroken. Her pastor came and lectured her and now she´s confused and doesn't want to go to ANY churches. I´m way sad. Keep her in your prayers. 

- I read an AMAZING talk by Elder Wirthlin "Follow me". GO READ IT. It talked about how Peter, James, John and Andrew left their nets "straightaway" and heeded the call of the Savior to come follow Him. We must do the same. Elder Wirthlin describes the nets of today: "Nets are generally defined as devices for capturing something. In a more narrow but more important sense, we might define a net as anything that entices or prevents us from following the call of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God." We must leave the nets of the world and follow the call of the Savior and follow him. "As Jesus the Christ stood on the shores of the Sea of Galilee 2,000 years ago, so stands He today, issuing the same call He gave to those faithful fishermen and now to all who will hear His voice: “Follow me!” We have nets that must be tended and nets that must be mended. But when the Master of ocean, earth, and sky calls to us, “Follow me,” we should leave the entangling, worldly nets behind and follow His footsteps." I have left my nets of the world, my friends, the music I love, my education, family and all things that are comfortable to me. I have heeded to the call of my Master to follow Him, and feed His sheep. And I can tell you all that I do not regret it for one second. I can say to you all that I have never been happier!! So my invitation to the youth and to senior couples:  Leave your nets of the world, and come follow Him. Feed His sheep, and you will receive blessings beyond your imagination. You youth can now serve sooner!  Take advantage of this opportunity and come thrust in your sickle with all your might, because the field is white and ready to harvest. To the rest of you, I invite you to leave some of your worldly nets, and serve and love a little more. 

Shoutouts! TYLER! THANK YOU FOR THE DOUBLE EMAIL! WOOO IT´S LIKE CHRISTMAS!!! Had. I love you!! Rachelle. WRITE ME. Zander thank you for the pictures!! Cute fam! PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! I love you. Know I pray for you and that my missionary prayers count as double. SO you should be receiving lots of blessings. HEY!! Work hard, and pray harder. Have an AMAZING WEEK!!

Hermana SQUIRE

LOVE YOU PADRES!

On Missionary splits
L-R: Hermana Batista, Hermana Ermacora, and Hermana Gaspar

On my way to Dorrego for the split

Her "HLJ" birthday ring: Haz Lo Justo, Choose the Right


No comments:

Post a Comment