July 15, 2013

Still Sprinting!!!


"El fin se acerca y hay poco tiempo...."
Hey goobie goobs. How´s  life? 

-Things are pretty good here. We are just work workin away and having a blast doing it.  Hna Vawdrey and I laugh together a LOT. 
For example:
- She talks in her sleep...like BAD. (like the other hna vawdrey!! how weird) So  two nights ago i wake up at 2am to her talking... and this is how it goes:
 V: Nuestro Padre celestial quiere comunicar con usted...
 S: hmm?
 V: mumbles.... (later I find out she said "why am i teaching?")
 S: What´s next?
 V: I don´t remember
 S: *thinking*... la fe
 V:  I have to go to the bathroom....
 S: are you awake????
 V: wait, were you messing with me??
And that´s how it went... we laughed so hard. 

- You know how sometimes you have district leaders that just make you wanna scream? Yeah, that´s pretty fun. Well, this is how you deal with it... when you get tired of talking to him, you pass the phone to your companion who struggles understanding spanish, and listen while he gets a little frustrated thinking of simpler ways to say things. Then you stifle your laughs and feel a little happier. (just a side note, we DO have to take turns speaking with the DL every night)

- SO anyway... this week we´ve been passing by old investigators and we found a golden one. Margarita. She is just the sweetest thing who has been through some tough times. She has already been to church in the past and everyone knows her! And I was all, why have you not been bap-tized? (NACHOOOOO!) So she came to church yesterday and just loved it.She told us that ever since we started teaching her she just feels so much peace and feels so happy. Pray for her!

- You know whats funny? It seems like when missionaries finally get the hang of what they´re doing, they get the boot. Funny how that happens. I´m convinced its so that we can remain humble. I still have to rely on the Spirit 100%... when plan A, B, and C fall through and I´m in the middle of the street sometimes i´m just like, Ok Lord, what do we need to do? And he always seems to guide us right where we need to be. It´s crazy how sensitive I have become to the spirit... I can feel it´s power when I teach and when inspired questions come to my mind.

- SO I was reading in Jacob 5 this morning. And I LOVE it.. here's some verses that stuck out:

 62 Wherefore, let us go to and labor with our might this last time, for behold the end draweth nigh, and this is for the last time that I shallaprune my vineyard.
 70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his aservant; and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and brought other bservants; and they were cfew.
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and alabor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the blast time that I shall cnourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.
 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.
 74 And thus they labored, with all diligence, according to the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard, even until the bad had been cast away out of the vineyard, and the Lord had preserved unto himself that the trees had become again the natural fruit; and they became like unto aone body; and the fruits were equal; and the Lord of the vineyard had preserved unto himself the natural fruit, which was most precious unto him from the beginning.
 75 And it came to pass that when the aLord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And bblessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again thecnatural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have djoy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.
Well, this is the last time I get to labor in this part of the Lord´s vineyard for "the end is nigh at hand" and I must "labor with my might" and with "all diligence", so that when I hit that finish line, He can tell  me "blessed art thou; ... ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard and kept my commandments" 

SHOUTOUTS: HOLY EMAIL LOVE!!!!! Thanks y´all for sendin! Grandparents Squire, Texas peeps, Paige, Taylor, Fernandez Family, Jamie Brown, Anna, Natalie, Nancy.... It´s totally fine that you waited until I had two weeks left... jaja just kidding. 
Happy birthday to Dave! 
And happy anniversary Tyler and Ashley! Alright adrienne and troy, I'm excited to go to Mexico with y'all! Stop being trunky! And listen, I DO  know a buttload of crap about the gospel, okay?  So listen, next Monday is my last week emailing from the field. SO if you wanna, you can send your "last words" to me. I´d love that. Hey, behave and remember that I love ya.
H.S

pics
Asado with Mikaela's family before her mission





No comments:

Post a Comment