April 1, 2013

Mom Times 2

Hey goobers!!

How are ya!? Well, you're all heading into spring, breakin' out the sandals and such and I'm puttin' on the scarves and tights. BOOO. 

First off, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE EMAIL LOVE. I love hearing from you!! Yes, YOU!

Saying goodbye to Hermana Mansilla

-Well, we finished the 9 week transfer of death, Hna Mansilla said her goodbyes and we got all of her stuff together, which was a LOT! and headed off to Bahia. Dorrego is like an hour from Bahía so I don't think we'll see each other until we finish the mission in July. PS. Every time people ask me how much time I have left and I say 4 months, they're like, "oh hermana, ya esta, ya se va!"  It's weird... now I'm in the "old group". 
So, we went to the office and did the whole orientation deal and I found out who my companion would be.........

Hermana Ibaña! Another comp from Argentina! She's 20, and from Santa Elena, Entre Rios. She did a mini mission, so she knows the basics of the work and the lessons. She likes cooking and is hungry every 2 hours... but she's like a little stick! It's hilarious. So we're happy to have her here in Puerto.
New companion! Hermana Ibaña
-So we had one heck of journey home! There weren't any colectivos directly to Mar del Plata, so we had to take one to Villa Gesell, about 1.5 hrs from MDP. WELL, 3 hours into the journey, we blew a tire! So we sat off to the side waiting for 3 hours. Then we drove to a pueblo and got off since we were the only ones going to Villa Gesell. The six of us got into cars and headed off to ANOTHER colectivo (bus) in the middle of nowhere waiting for US. We got on, and there were only 4 seats for 6 of us!! SO I sat on Hna Ermacora's lap for an hour. Any longer than that and I think she would have been paralyzed! haha!  We finally got to Villa Gesell at like 4 in the morning and had to wait until 6 to get another collectivo to MDP... it was a joke!!!  We were beat after the 17 hour journey. I wanted to die. So long!
The lost and weary travelers, even the dog...



4 am......so tired!


I don't think she will ever recover from the bus ride!

















- Hey! Today is my 14 month mark! WOO! Can you believe it?? That means in less than four months I'm gonna be home and I'm gonna see all of you!!!

- Ok, I was reading in Nefi (Nephi) the other day....we all know about 1 Nefi 3:7... I will go and I will do... and everyone loves that scripture. And it says yes, I will go and I will do what the Lord asks of me! But that's future tense, right? So, I was reading in 2 Nefi 5: 31, in Spanish of course, and it says, " 31 Wherefore, I, Nephi, to be obedient to the commandments of the Lord, went and made athese plates upon which I have engraven these things". In Spanish, "hacer" is to make or to do. SO it says,"fui e hice", or I went and DID. I thought about that for a bit, and I thought maybe we should be more of the type of disciples you "went" and "did" and less like the disciples who "will go" and "will do" (tomorrow, next week, later). Hopefully you all understood that. 

- Shoutouts!!
 Since I don't have time to write you all, thank you Sandii, Tio Hector, Amberly, and Serna family for the emails! 
AND MY VAWDREY! It's so weird that you're home! I miss you!!!! 
Happy Birthday to Heather De La Garza , Bella Davis, and to Paul!! Hope you all have great days.
Venice!! My mom sent me some of your bridal pics, and you are GORGEOUS! WIsh I could be there with you. 

HEY! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

SQUID, ah, I mean, 
Hermana Squire


We will all finish the mission together:
Hermanas Ermacora, Squire, Mansilla y Gonzalez




No comments:

Post a Comment