April 15, 2013

Fish on the ground, Fish on the ground, Whatcha gonna do with yo fish on the ground??

Well, if you're in Puerto, you're just gonna leave it there. Seriously, there are like 500 fish factories here, and when they unload the fish from the trucks, if a few fall on the ground, NBD, they just leave it there to rot and all that fun stuff. Also, we NEVER step in the water that's in the gutter. Why? because normally there are fish guts and all that so it makes it slippery. My poor companion fell right on her tush in that nastiness last week.
Me calling the fish unto repentance.....


ANYWAY! Hello my people. 
HOW ARE YOU!?? Hope all is well.

- Ok, so this week we had a zone meeting and President came for interviews. I LOVE PRESIDENT! He is such an inspired man! I love talking to him and asking him questions. 

- So this past week, my companion got sick... and we had some time in the pension. It was kinda funny how it happened... we were out contacting and I hear "hermana, I don't...." and then she threw up. So yeah, we went home after that. We did practices and studied, but we needed a break, so we watched "On the Lord's Errand", the Pres. Monson movie. I LOVED IT! Go watch it. Now! But now my comp is feeling better so we can hit the pavement!


- JUAN ENRIQUE. HOW GREAT IS THIS MAN! He is getting baptized this Sunday. SO PRAY that everything goes well! He accepts all of the commandments with a "of course I'm going to do what Christ asks me to!" We went to teach the word of wisdom this week, and right then he was preparing a cup of coffee. We had brought malta with us (it's made from wheat and has no caffeine. It's pretty good) so I quickly said, "JUAN! The hermana IbaƱa makes a mean malta, you should let her whip one up for ya!"  Phew, dodged that bullet. Well, we taught him the WoW (Word of Wisdom) and of course he accepted, and the next day he had a cup of malta on the table. So amazing. He went to a baptism that the ward had yesterday and loved it. He is so excited to get baptized. 

- I was thinkng about conference this week and how amazing it was.  A recurring theme seemed to be obedience. I loved what Pres. Monson said, "Said President Gordon B. Hinckley, “The happiness of the Latter-day Saints, the peace of the Latter-day Saints, the progress of the Latter-day Saints, the prosperity of the Latter-day Saints, and the eternal salvation and exaltation of this people lie in walking in obedience to the counsels of … God.”9
Obedience is a hallmark of prophets; it has provided strength and knowledge to them throughout the ages. It is essential for us to realize that we, as well, are entitled to this source of strength and knowledge. It is readily available to each of us today as we obey God’s commandments.
I was reading through the book of mormon, and noticed how Nefi ends 1 Nefi and 2 Nefi... 1 nefi 22:30-31"  30 Wherefore, my brethren, I would that ye should consider that the things which have been written upon the aplates of brass are true; and they testify that a man must be obedient to the commandments of God.31 Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the acommandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day. And thus it is. Amen.  
And 2 Nefi 33: 15  15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the ajudgmentbar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must bobey. Amen.
How interesting is it that Nefi ends each book talking about obedience? And how many times does it say in the BoM, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land"?? I don't think it's coincidence that obedience was a popular theme. There are tough times ahead, and Like Pres. Monson said, the great test of life is obedience. Pres. Packer said that Mormons aren't obedient because they are blind, but because they see. We SEE the blessings that come from obedience to the gospel. And they are many, that's for sure. 

- So about this baptism we had yesterday. There were a lot of people visiting, and a lot of family members of this little boy. One of them that came was Franco, a 16 year old boy with Muscular Atrophy. He gave a beautiful talk. I was so emotional all of sacrament meeting. I had prayed to have more experiences with my brother and that is what the Lord gave me. As I watched his movements, looked at his hands and listened to him talk, I was reminded so much of my brother, and I thought of what he was doing on the other side. At church, I'm always looking out for other people... investigators, converts, the members... making sure everyone is happy. But yesterday, the Lord let me know that He and my brother are both looking out for me.
My new friend, Franco

-Shoutouts: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AUNT ANN AND ZANDER! Hope you both have great days. 
And a very special shoutout to Holley and her family. Thank you for your sweet letter. It really means so much to me! 
I love you all soo much! 

Take care!  
Hermana Squire


Hermana Godoy bundled me up like a burrito so that I could get warm! It is getting cold!

These are some of the houses that I have to preach to. Scary sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment