February 18, 2013

We Pray and Then We Go......


Hey sweet things!!
 
All right, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

-SO! We're gonna have a baptism this weekend!!! Story time. You all remember Laura?? She's a psychologist and is super smart. When we were teaching her she said "how do I prepare to be baptized?" But then she told us she wanted to get baptized at the end of MARCH. And we were like, "in your dreams." Not really, but we were determined to help her get to the 23rd. Well, she told us that this past week she was feeling a "darkness". She prayed and felt that she couldn't put off her baptism for that long so she's getting baptized this Saturday!!!!!! 

Then we have Suni and Family. Suni and Jony are super prepared. Suni is already converted, and I don't doubt she'll have a Stake calling in the next year. She was at the pool reading the conference edition of the Liahona that I gave her (thanks mom), and some guy came up to her and was like "can I buy one of those somewhere??" And she said, "oh it's from my church." Then she told us, "I should have passed him your number or something! I'm sorry I didn't think!" She's the best!!!!  Emanuel says he doesn't feel anything yet and wants to wait for the next baptism. But his means that he KNOWS that he's gonna do it anyway, because he KNOWS it's what he should do. He is just having a hard time recognizing his answers. He's an ENGINEER: So I imagine that his brain is like "012384749584934839" all of the time!!!  He said if he gets his answer this week, that he'll get baptized with his family. So please PRAY SUPER, SUPER HARD for him!!  I KNOW he can make it to the 23rd!!  So if all goes well, we could be having 4 baptisms!! How great is that??!!!!!! These people are so so special!

- So we went to Centro today to run some errands and I honestly felt like I was on vacation!!! It was so beautiful! Malls and shopping! Movie theaters! Restaurants! Clothes! Purses! Shoes! Jewelry! Beach! It was pretty dangerous!! I was like, "I'm so doing my trunky shopping here!!! I saw a movie poster for "Les Miserables..." is it true??????!!!! Is that a movie now????!!!!!!!  Hi, sorry I'm being trunky right now. Blame it on Centro and all the clothes and shoes I saw!!

-I read a talk by President Monson, before he was the Prophet, that's called "They Pray and They Go." And I thought, that is SO missionary work. We may have very few citas (appointments) planned for the day, but we pray before we leave, and we go out and work, having faith that God will put people in our paths that are prepared to receive the gospel. It's like the scripture in 2 COR. that says "For we walk by faith, and not by sight."

Shoutouts: JENNY! Thanks for the message! I'm glad you're doing well!!
DENISE! I'm so happy you're getting married! 
Congrats ASHTON!!! YOU'RE GONNA BE A DAD!?!!!! What the heck??!!!!! First you can't wait for me to be there when you get married, and now this???! :-) BRENDYN! Congrats on your baptism! You looked like a future missionary in your pictures!! 
Vanessa Welch and family, my prayers are with you. 

I love you all! Have a great week!
 
H. S
Me and mi compañeras by the ocean!


                                                  At el Centro! With Hermana Mansilla
                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Another from Centro


                                                 
Beautiful Puerto Mar De Plata


                Puerto........ This is how I get so tan. I lay out all day in my skirt. (NOT!!!! EVEN!!!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment