February 11, 2013

Another week gone by......................

Hello my peoples!!

How's it going up there!???? Don't worry, I'm just cooking a little bit. I'm pretty sure that my skin can't get any darker. SO, there's not too much to report this week, but I will do my best!

- SO we had a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with our star investigators this week... Zuni, Emanuel and Jony, and Laura. Zuni is amazing. She already has a testimony and always has such great questions. They are learning so much!! Emanuel is more logical, so we're working hard with him, but he reads and prays like we ask him to. And Jony is SOOO smart for a 10 year old! Laura is a psychologist and also very smart. It's so funny with the investigators we have now, because we have to prepare very spiritual and intellectual lessons. They are on a WHOLE different level. And we have Mariana. She has cancer and is not doing so well. She is now in the hospital but wants to get baptized so badly. Please pray for her. 

- I let Hna Mansilla put honey in my hair today... it actually made it really soft and shiny! Try it! She also gave me a foot massage last night... I almost died laughing, but then it felt great!!!!! Um, hello, I lucked out on companions... 

- A quote for you from Elder Lawrence C. Cornbridge: "The Lord's way is not hard. Life is hard, not the Gospel. There is opposition in all things (2 Nephi 2:11) everywhere, for everyone. Life is hard for all of us, but life is also simple. WE have only two choices. WE can either follow the Lord and be endowed with His power and have peace, light, strength, knowledge, confidence, and joy OR we can go it some other way, annoy other way, whatever other way, and go it alone-- without His support, without His power, without guidance... in darkness, turmoil, doubt, grief, and despair, And I ask, which way is easier?" Life IS hard sometimes. But can you imagine how hard it would be without the gospel?? 

-Shoutouts! CORBIN! 'Bout time you wrote me you little goober. Thanks so much for the dearelder, I'm so HAPPY for Ashley!!!!! In your next letter to her, please tell her I say hi! 
J. Kelly! Thanks for the dearelder... I'm working on a letter for you now. Keep up the hard work in school! 
Taylor! Thanks for the dearelder too. I seriously was crying about Niki Menanj... in front of like 12 elders... but I didn't care. Thanks for making me laugh!!! 
SERNA KIDS! I got your letters! Thank you so much for always making me smile. Love you guys! 
Tyler, thanks for the email. got the pic of Lucas on the Valentine's card and I LOVED IT! So cute!!
Happy Birthday to Peter this week! 

And I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day!!!! If you are alone, you can remember me in Argentina living like a nun and you can feel better about your loneliness. So pop in a movie and eat some brownies or something. I might get some gross Argentine men whistling at me in the streets (not sure what they find attractive... in my calf-length skirts and Mary Jane shoes) ...so you're better off than me!!!!! 
Have a great week everyone!

S. (for Squire, y'all)

              Graciela, she is a convert of my trainer, Hermana Israelsen

   Group pic is of our noche de hogar with our investigators. Far right is Bishop, but then we have Zuni, Emanuel, and Jony next to him... and Laura is the blonde one. I'm next to our ward mission leader, Hermano Valente

     At a park we walked by this morning on P day


         Estefy, a ward mission leader that got her mission call to Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment