September 5, 2012

7 months!


Hey people!

My word. 7 months. What the crap. Sometimes I´m like, WHERE DID THE
TIME GOOO? Like this week for instance. Flew by. And now it´s
September. And I´ll be 22 next month. Ewwwwwwwwww.

- So right now I´m listening to rolling thunder outside the cyber.
Like I said before, rain and missionary work do NOT go together. BOO. The
weather is so finicky. I dress in a sweater and I´m dying of heat,
carrying my jacket with sleeves rolled up. The next day, I go out in
lighter clothes and I freeze. BAH! I hear summer is a peach though...
we´ll see!

-This week is the Buenos Aires Temple rededication! We don´t get to see it in real
life in Buenos Aires, but we get to bring investigators to an activity
where we get to see the youth dancing for the dedication and such. Then
Sunday we get to watch one of the three sessions. I'm STOKED! I love the temple!
If you can, go for me this week! Also on Saturday, we´re
doing an activity with one of the office Elder´s wards. We will be
taking one of the young women with us to work all day in our area! It
will be so great for the youth to see what we do as missionaries! I´m
so excited!!!

-So Tuesday Hna. Israelsen got sick with what I had. Poor thing. Not
fun. So we stayed in the crackerbox for the day.

- This Sunday we had 3 menos activos come to church! We have been
working with them and THEY CAME! It´s so nice seeing the fruits of your
labors. Rosa, our bajita hermana que es el más dulce mujer JÁMAS, **(short sister who is the
sweetest woman EVER**) came and she looked so cute! She was so happy to be there!!!

- We haven´t been able to find Jesica and Fernando, or when we set
citas they aren´t there. I´m getting frustrated with the finicky
people here. They never do what they say they will. I´m just like,
"please don´t lie to me! Just say, "no, actually we won´t go to church
this week. Or "no, we don´t want to listen to you," SO I CAN GET ON WITH
MY LIFE AND FIND PEOPLE WHO DO WANT TO LISTEN! I´m praying that things
just came up with those two. We have such great lady investigators,
but guess what??!!  FOUR OF THEM need to get married! It takes like 2
months to get married in Argentina!! My stars!! Just keep the law of
chastity,  people!!!

-I swear, Satan knows when we are fasting. We started our fast after
lunch with a member (we each take a 'bathroom break' and pray in
there) and we come out and she´s like "I´m making dessert!" Crap. SO
we´re like "we have a cita! Sorry hermana!" So what does she do? Sends us
with an apple!! So I've got that in my pocket! Then we go to a member that
owns a quiosco (stand) to ask about some menos activos. What does she do? Gives
us an alfajor (**sweet biscuit filled with filling**) and a cereal bar. So I´m like thanks Hermana! And put it in my pocket. So we come back that night, HUNGRY and with pockets full
of food. Satan is an evil man.

- This Sunday we had PRESIDENTE and HERMANA PARREÑO in our ward! I was
like wah! They´re here! La hermana is the sweetest lady and just gave
us the biggest hugs. She just talked and talked with us and you could
tell pres needed to leave so he was gently leading her out the
door and she was just talking and talking to us with her cute pencil
skirt, red lipstick, and bun on top of her head. I LOVE THAT WOMAN!

That night we had a meeting and we already had missed our collectivo back
to centro (we have to travel to our area) and it wouldn´t come until
another half hour. So, the Elders, being the angels that they are to
us, called the other asistentes (*assistants) and they brought us home in the
mission convi. Elder Costanzi was driving (native Argentine) and I
thought it might be my last day on earth. I just kept thinking, "good
thing I took the sacrament today." But as you can see, I´m still alive. The Elders
are SO GOOD to us. So grateful for them.

- Ok, I´m going to do a little analogy here. So you go to Coldstone.
And they give you an offer... 6 months of vanilla ice cream for free.
But only vanilla. SO you go every day and get your vanilla ice cream.
Well after 3 months, you get a little tired of vanilla. You want
chocolate or mint. But no, you gotta stick with vanilla because that´s
what was chosen for you. By the time you get to five months, you
REALLY want chocolate. Don´t get me wrong. Vanilla is super great. A
great missionary... I mean flavor...., and you like it. But it´s time
for a change. You want to try out chocolate for a transfer or two... I
mean... a few months. Then everything about vanilla gets a little
annoying. STILL LOVE THE VANILLA but it´s like... everything about
vanilla kinda bugs you a teensy bit. But you go on and eat it
anyway... are you catching my drift here? Hermana Squire LOVES vanilla
because it´s nice and sincere and a great missionary... but she´s
ready for some chocolate. Ok, now I have successfully achieved in making
you all think that I´m very weird. Good.

- I read a super great talk bout The Love of God by Presidente
Uchtdorf. READ IT. I loved this part:
"Think of the purest, most all-consuming love you can imagine. Now
multiply that love by an infinite amount—that is the measure of God’s
love for you. God does not look on the outward appearance. I believe
that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if
we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we
are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He
loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s
love encompasses us completely.He loves us because He is filled with an
infinite measure of holy, pure, and indescribable love.
We are important to God not because of
our résumé but because we are His children. He loves every one of us,
even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.
God’s love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the
arrogant, and the wicked.
What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is
hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter
our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires
that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us."
LOVE IT!
God loves each of his children so much and I get to have a taste of
that love here. I LOVE the people here. So much. I want to bop them on
the head sometimes, but I STILL LOVE THEM. I can´t even imagine the
love that God has for them.

- Shoutouts: Elder Kelly! Got your letter! You have one on the way!
GRANDPA SERNA! Feliz cumpleaños! Le extraño y espero que su día fue
BUENISIMO. Lo quiero! Happy birthday to MATTHEW Serna! I love you
little monkey! Happy birthday to IZABELLE! I love you cutie pie!
I HAVE A SECOND COUSIN/NIECE LIKE BABY!! (might as well be niece) EVELYN
DUNN IS SO GORGEOUS! CONGRATS ANNA AND DAVE! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!
Listen. I love you all. Have a great week!!!!!!!

Hermana Squire

No comments:

Post a Comment