August 27, 2012

oooooh now baby please don´t go...


Hey all you good lookin' people,
 
You´re all probably better lookin' than me... all tan and summer-like. How´s it going?? School started eh?? Good luck!

-Sad news. Vaughan went home to get better. She fell on her foot in July and hasn't recovered. MAN I´M GONNA MISS THAT GIRL! We became besties in like a week and a half. SO Hna Vawdrey came from Puerto to be Hna Carsen´s companion. Vawdrey is just the biggest sweetheart. Love her. Now we´re just 4 sisters from Utah living in a cracker box of an apartment!

-So, it´s been feeling like mid-november here in Bahia. So confusing because last week it was way nice and now I´m all bundled up in my leggings and sweaters. PLEASE JUST GET WARM BAHIA!! I´VE BEEN COLD SINCE NOVEMBER LAST YEAR!!!!! I´m ready for some heat. Just watch. I´ll be complaining that i´m melting in December. :-)

- Sharing an area with the Elders (nonetheless ASISTENTES) has it´s goods and bads... and lots of awkwards. When we have lunches together, they do all the eating. I finish my one little plate in the time they've had thirds. Less pressure! Woo! The Elders EAT A TON! It´s surprising and kinda gross. We had a hilarious experience last night, we went to visit this menos activo family and they live in apartments that are usually locked but they weren't last night, so we're like" sweet! Lets go visit them!" We knock on the door and who´s sitting on the couch? The Elders! Haha, what are the odds, honestly. We were just like, uhhh awkward, and came in  and just sat there all awkward because they were getting ready to give the Hermana a blessing! jaja. But the Elders do take good care of us and I'm super grateful for that.

- Today we wanted HEALTHY HEALTHY food for lunch so we bought tons of veggies and cut them up to cook them in the oven, but guess WHAT, our oven BROKE! So we went door to door looking for someone to let us use their oven. We found this way nice girl and she let us use her oven, but she had to set a stick pressing the gas button so it would stay lit and prop it against the wall to keep it on! We spent 20 minutes trying to work that out! Hilarious! Sometimes I forget that I live in Argentina and they are way behind the times!

-We had lunch again with the purple haired chorister this week. Did I find cat hair in my food? Yes, Yes I did.

- I miss carpet.

-  SO I´ve been so stressed lately that I made myself sick Thursday and Friday. (either stress or I ate something bad) Sick as in i had to be within 20 feet of a bathroom... so I had to stay in the cracker box most of those days. The Elders came by on Friday and gave me a blessing. I'm ALL BETTER! Can I just say I LOVE THE PRIESTHOOD!? How blessed are we to have the restored priesthood of God in our homes? I love that my dad is worthy to give me blessings when I need them. I´m grateful that there are 180 worthy Elders in the mission who bless the sick and give blessings of comfort. I will not settle for less than a worthy priesthood holder in my home.

- Ok we found a family of GOLD last Wednesday. Jesica and Fernando. They need to get married, pero MAL! She's 22 and has 4 kids under 7... yeah, you can do the math, and Fernando is SO attentive during the lessons. They are both reading and praying! They have very little clothes and such, so our AMAZING Relief Society got a big quilt for them!  Jesica was so surprised and grateful that people already care for them! They said they´d come to church this week! Woo! Jessica told us that her 5 year old had a bad cough the other night and she prayed and he was able to sleep the whole night. WOW! God answers prayers, I promise you that! It´s so amazing! I´m stoked for them. Pray that they can get married fast, it takes FOREVER here to get married.

- We went over to the villa last week to visit a part member family, whose kids are members but the parents need to get married. So we´ll be helping them with that. The villa is SO heartbreaking. It´s a barrio by the train tracks with tin shacks for houses and dirt floors. It just broke my heart at how humbly people live. I´ve never felt so humbled in my life as I have on my mission.

-Shoutouts: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER! I hope my mom picked out something good without my help...!!! THURMANS! CONGRATS ON THE TEMPLE!!! I´m super excited and happy for you guys. KELS AND NOAH! So glad you went to see my padres. Noah when I get home we´ll speak Spanish in front of Kels to annoy her, k? Hah!! Kels, I LOVE YAH!!! ANNA!! When is baby girl Dunn coming! I was hoping to see pics today!!! AHHH.

- I love my mission. I´m growing and changing so much and I´m so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord. I´ve never been so happy in my life. I´ve never felt so alone. I´ve never felt so much disappointment, but I´ve never felt so satisfied in my life. Like you said Greg, this is the MOST 18 months of my life. I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out when I have to take my tag off. When I get on that plane home, I´m not goin' without a fight :). These are my brothers and sisters, and I love reminding them of their potential and helping them come unto Christ. There is no work more satisfying and amazing as this. This is the true, and only true, Church of Jesus Christ. I know that with every single cell of my body. No matter how much people stare at me, or tell me it´s "my ideas", or scoff at me, or shake their fingers at me, I still know it´s true. All of that makes my testimony even stronger. I LOVE THE GOSPEL AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! And guess what else?  I love you all too! MUCHO. Cuidense mucho y ADELANTE!!! (**take much care and move forward)
 
Hermana Squire
 
 
FOTOS:
1. Saying BYE to the Flia WIlt in PRINGLES
2. Elder Caicedo y Costanzi setting up our bunks in our cracker box apartment
3. View from our window
4. Vaughan and I pulling fat kid moves with her alfahors for her fan (and no i didn´t eat any :-))





 

No comments:

Post a Comment