July 9, 2012

The Week Where I ate a bunch of Weird Crap!


Querida Familia y Amigos!

¿Que tal? I hope life is going well for ya'll and that you're having a great summer. Meanwhile, you can think of me in Argentina, wearing way too many clothes and freezing my tush off. Where to start?
- This week was super cold and snotty. Yup, snotty. I've had a cold the past week and felt pretty miserable doing missionary work when it's 30 degrees outside... but I'm all better now!

- On Tuesday we went to Bahia to work some stuff out for my visa. We came back to the office to pick up mail and packages, but the Elders told us that their wasn't anything for us, so we left... but our DL(district leader) said we DID have stuff, so we ran back!! Lo and behold, 2 letters, 2 dearelders and a package from home. No letters eh, Elders?? What??? Sometimes I wonder if some of the Elders use their brains... ANYWAY we practically ran into the office before we would miss our collectivo(bus) and whom did we meet? Presidente Parreño! He is the NICEST MAN EVER! I'm so excited to be serving with him. He even told us we were the first Hermanas he'd met! What a privilege! 

- Those fires in Utah must be pretty big because Belén told us she heard about them on the news! In ARGENTINA! Hope everything is okay now, I've been praying.

- Ok so the weird things I ate... we had some stew that had vizcacha in it. What is vizcacha, you ask? Well, I just googled it. It's like half squirrel and half rabbit. EWWWW. It was gross! Then we ate cow stomach lining. I've had it before... but this time it had the cilia on it still. SO RUBBERY SO GROSS. Then! A member served us some chamomile tea, and what was in mine? A BUG! I just sighed, took it out, and drank it. I just don't care anymore. Also, some bug has been having a jolly good time chillin in my bed with me and eating me alive at night. I've washed my sheets and everything, but we think it's in the wool blankets we have. We are gonna go buy some stuff to kill the suckers tomorrow! What a week right? Snot, bug bites... quite glamorous!!

- LA OBRA! Ok, so I don't have much time left, but I want to tell you all really quick about Pedro. We found him on Saturday, and he agreed to be baptized. He's had some pretty terrible things happen to him, but his faith in Jesus Christ is SO STRONG. We invited him to church the next day, and HE CAME........ALONE! This never happens! AND HE STAYED ALL THREE HOURS! This also never happens the first time. He is such a great man! I'm super excited to work with him. Keep him in your prayers!

- We´ve been sharing a scripture with menos activos lately that´s in 2 Nephi 26: 24-28 
 24 He doeth not aanything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he bloveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. 25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: aCome unto me all ye bends of the earth, cbuy milk and honey, without money and without price.26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should adepart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay. 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his asalvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath bgiven it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to crepentance. 28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but aall men are privileged the one blike unto the other, and none are forbidden.

I LOVE IT! The atonement of Christ is FOR EVERYONE! Not for a selective few. WE ALL have this great opportunity to be cleansed from our sins and to change. Christ suffered for us all in Gethsemane, rich, poor, sinners, EVERYONE. 

-SHOUTOUTS: Hiatt fam! Thanks for the email! TAHNEE OWENS! I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday last week! I need to write you soon! Love ya! Kris and Paige! Got your dearelders! LOVE YA. EVERYONE! I love you all. I wish I had more time to write. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY JOSHUA SERNA!

Hermana Squire

1 comment:

  1. I love Hermana Squire's letters. She has a great attitude and I know she is working hard. I also love her sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete