July 23, 2012

The Story of Toms

Hey all you tan summer people!

Don't even worry about me... I'm just white as a ghost... with fleas. Whatever. HOW'S IT GOIN YOU CRAZY PARTY ANIMALS?? Things are super great here in Pringles... but things are always super great when you're a missionary.

- Look at your toms. Now back at me. Now BACK at your toms. NOW BACK AT ME! See the logo on the back? Cool stripes right? WRONG. That, my friends, is the Argentine FLAG. Did you know they are made here? But here they're called alporgatas or something. EVERYONE HAS THEM. Know why? Cuz they're like 16-20 pesos. Know how much that is in US dollars? 4-6ish. WOOP! Have fun with your one pair of toms because I'm going to by ten pairs for the price of one... heck, I'll buy a lifetime supply I think. 

- SO! You are now looking at a member of the YW presidency in the rama(**branch) Coronel Pringles. YUP! The missionaries are now in charge of the YW and I AM STOKED! We're planning mutuals and lessons and everything! Antes,(**before) the YW were in with the RS. Now we get to really focus on our youth! I'm so excited. I love las mujeres jóvenes.(**the Young Women)  If ya'll have ideas for mutuals and lessons... LET ME KNOW! 

- We had the best lesson last night. We were doing the survey method ( IT IS THE BEST). We were teaching these three girls and one had her 8 year old brother, Octavio there. We asked them what the purpose of life is and he said "To obey God's commandments" We asked how he knew and he said "I don't know, I just feel it." SO CUTE. We ended up teaching the entire plan of salvation and then taught them how to pray. Then we asked if they thought it was true. Octavio said, "I do". How do you know? "I just prayed like you told me and God said yes". I LOVE CHILDREN! They just get life.  We'll see how it goes.

- Pedro is as awesome as ever. He is quititng the wine and is counting down the days to his baptism. 

- Santiago: This kid is super cool. He's 16 and is coming to seminary with one of the members, Alejandro (WHO IS SUPER GREAT). He's having a rough time getting up for church. Pray that he can get up in time and also that he can have the strength to cumplir (I really cant think of the english word for that right now)(**cumplir-fulfill or keep) the word of wisdom.

- So we were on our morning jog and I saw this creature thing that looked like a cat. But it wasn't!!! I was yelling THAT IS NOT A CAT!!! Over and over so we had to stop and look at it! It was backed into a porch and Hna Leguizamon said it was a vizcacha!!!! AHHH! It was so ugly! Like a possom/kangaroo/rabbit. I can't believe I ate that. It then hissed at us and we screamed and ran away!! Cool story.

- So Ive perfected "the newborn baby cry". (Mom and Kels you'd be proud) You know how ALL elders learn that stupid snap thing with their fingers? I learned a baby cry and I REALLY freaked out our district leader. HILARIOUS:

- So I've been studying about grace lately. I read about it in a talk by Brad Wilcox, "HIs Grace is sufficient" (GO READ IT) I don´t really think that I got it before. I always thought that there was a graph thing. We do our part up to a line, then the Grace of Christ fills in the rest. But in reality, grace covers EVERYTHING. There is no line. There is no, "I'll do my part and Christ will do the rest". Elder Bruce Hafen said "The Savior's gift of grace to us is not necessarily limited in time to "after" all we can do. We may receive his grace before, during and after the time when we expend our own efforts". Wilcox then says, "So grace is not a booster engine that kicks in once our fuel supply is exhausted. Rather, it is our constant energy source. It is not the light at the end of the tunnel but the light that moves us through the tunnel. Grace is not achieved somewhere down the road. It is received right here and right now. It is not a finishing touch; it is the Finisher's touch." We are not only SAVED by grace, but we are CHANGED by grace. Thanks to the atonement, we have to opportunity to live more abundantly, be transformed, and we not only can return home, but we can FEEL AT HOME there. Because no unclean thing can dwell with God, but no UNCHANGED thing will even want to be there. My mind is like WOWOWOWOWOWOW right now. It kinda hurts. ;-)

-If anyone wants to pitch in money for a flea collar, contact mama squire. (JK DON´T do that.... but It´d be hilarious)

Shoutouts: TAYYY! I can't believe you're off to DC! Good luck! Send me pics! DEVON!!! LIMA PERU!!! AHHHHHH!!! That is flippin AWESOME! We can be Spanish speaking buddies! Kris... WOW YOU ARE TAN! STOP IT. Venice- my mom sent me the pic of you at my house. YOU ARE GORGEOUS. As usual. MOM! Some lady was watching Larkrise to Candleford in Spanish and I was like HEY! MY MOM LOVES THAT SHOW!! Aw. I miss you. (and dad of course). Hey paige. Love ya. Sandii! Thanks for the email. I´ll read it tonight, and hopefully get another letter sent off to the Hiatt crew. Sis Corbett. THANKS FOR THE DEAR ELDER. I hope you caught that pesky rabbit.  HEY! I´m sorry if I haven´t had time to write you or give you a shout out, but GUESS WHAT! I LOVE YOU ALL: I can´t say it enough. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU. 

PICS:

Hermana Brown and I....we're matching...so cute...

Bautismo de Amanda
My shoes...que verguenza(how embarrassing)....
So DIRTY!!!!   Don't LOOK!
Hermana Linco.....miss her

No comments:

Post a Comment